Horizon Entertainment ?

boxerdognj

Our group is cruising on Horizon to Bermuda 8/14. Can anyone who recently sailed on this itinerary let me know what type entertainment was available while docked in Bermuda. Do they offer any nightime tours to shows on the island and what type shows on board. We love to dance and party and wanted to make sure something is available either on ship or on the island.

Thanks for your help.

Debbie

CCL Meridian

RCCL Rhapsody, Sovereign of Seas, Voyager and Explorer of the Seas

Majesty of Seas

CCL Destiny, Triump, Pride

NCCL Norway, Winward

While docked, they have an entertainer who plays records on a record player in the lounge. Dancing is encouraged. You can request any song you like. He's got like six 45's to choose from!

<font size="-2">I really only answered this to bump up your question where a serious answer might be found.</font>

Hi Debbie,

I've cruised to Bermuda three times - once on the old Meridian and twice on the Horizon. There is some type law in Bermuda that forbids the ships from having professional entertainment on board while docked in Bermuda.

They do, however, offer many tours to nightclubs in the evening and they also allow the passengers to be off the ship until 2AM. While in Hamilton, you can just walk across the street and there are several places offering entertainment and live bands. You might even be able to find a sports bar to catch any playoffs that might be occuring during your trip. On board, they have fun nights with scavenger hunts, talent shows and fun/games. They do a pretty decent job of entertaining the passengers and most people, if willing, can make their own fun. I cannot remember if movies were still offered in the evenings. I am very fond of the Horizon and the Bermuda itinerary. The crew is great and I find that whenever I return, we find many of the same staff year after year. They must be happy there to continue to return.

I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I have in the past. And, I hope this information helps.

Cathy

Hi Cathyicon_smile.gif thanks for the information! I can't wait to go....4 more months for me!

I think some of the folks on the Roll Call are going to do Jesse James snorkeling one afternoon.

And I am sure our nightlife will be lots of fun too icon_biggrin.gif

Tell everyone hi for me!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Hey Lois,

This is really making me want to go again.

Wish I could join you. I really would prefer to go out of Philly.

It is rough getting back into the swing of things. I probably won't make that long drive again next year. I think I spent as much on gas and rooms for two nights as I would have flying and renting a car there for 4 fewer days.

I'd rather be cruising.

Cath

Thanks Cathy for the info.

I have a cousin in Newark, we live right next to Woodstown, NJ about a 30 minute drive to Newark. We are really looking forward to departing out of Phila. I am a bit worried about the Horizon, I hope she's not showing her age to much and there is plenty of activites. We generally travel with our sons (ages 23 and 19) and they prefer the mega ships such as Voyager which we loved. This trip is with 6 of our dearest friends, and they haven't cruised before. I just want to make sure there is something going on at night for us to do. We may be getting a bit older but we still love to party. Debbie

Debbie

CCL Meridian

Majesty of Seas

NCCL Norway, Winward

Hi Debbie, Horizon is ALOT smaller than the Voyager Class ships.

Are you sons going with you on this one as well?

Hopefully everyone will have a good time icon_smile.gif.

Cathy, I imagine the gas prices were AWFUL! 2.00/gallon here...not sure what they are up the east coast. I don't blame you for flying next year!

Wish you could join us on this cruise too!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Hi Lois

No my sons aren't joining us, they are babysitting my two boxers. I've been on smaller ships which is not a concern in fact in many ways they offer a more personal experience. We appreciate good people and friends and it's so much easier to meet on smaller vessel than mega ship.

I guess our main concern is ship showing age, and enough activities for us. Bermuda is wonderful but problem with this trip generally is age and lack of night life. We traveled to Bermuda on Meridian and Dreamward yrs ago and found this to be true. I hope they have a decent band to dance to during evenings while in port or some shows on island to attend. I can't find anything offered in tours for night entertainment at the major hotels.

Have you heard anything about evening tours?

Debbie

CCL Meridian

Majesty of Seas

NCCL Norway, Winward

Hi Boxer

Just got off Horizon a couple of weeks ago.

There are no tours for night time entertainment, but for the nights you are in Hamilton, the local night spots, as you know, are generally only a short walk away.

Aboard the ship, the party band (which was Exodus on our cruse--very good) plays either in the disco or, on the deck party night, on the pool deck.

And yes, the Horizon shows her age a bit, but is sparkling clean, so wasn't even an issue for us. Great ship/great cruise/great island.

Archived