Independence - June 28 thru July 4 Western - Compasses

We are going on the Eastern 7 night cruise (Independence) leaving on Aug. 2nd. First time with RCI and the first time cruising since Disney in June of 2008.

What is a compass everyone keeps asking about?

We are going on the Eastern 7 night cruise (Independence) leaving on Aug. 2nd. First time with RCI and the first time cruising since Disney in June of 2008.

What is a compass everyone keeps asking about?

The Cruise Compass is what Royal calls the daily schedule.

Edited by clarea

How can you get one? Request like this person did for the Western with specific dates?

Thank you

Someone has to scan and post them from a recent cruise.

EXCELLENT

thank you for posting. I was looking for the most recent version.

I have one from back in May and it appears to be different from this one - even though it is the same ship and same itinerary.

Question,

when and how did you get the tickets for the Ice Show?? It seems to be different than what is shown in this compass vs. the one from May.

THANK YOU!!!

Mitch..........

Ice Show tickets were assigned based on your muster station. For example, mine was B15 and that meant I could go see the show on Thursday afternoon (along with a bunch of other muster stations)

Don't know if they allowed walk-ins once you got close to show time, but would assume that they would

Ice Show tickets were assigned based on your muster station. For example, mine was B15 and that meant I could go see the show on Thursday afternoon (along with a bunch of other muster stations)

Don't know if they allowed walk-ins once you got close to show time, but would assume that they would

wow - that is different from what they did before.

I think that on the first day, people could line up and get tix to any show of your choice.

Thanks again for the information.

Yeah that's the first time I could recall them assigning show based on muster stations.

Glad to answer any other questions or help out in any way I can. Loved my cruise on Indy and wouldn't hesitate to book another!

Rob

Thanks for posting the compass...that's a lot of work. I wanted to ask about the boardwalk hot dogs I see on sea days. It looks like they changed it up a bit. It was at the squeeze bar but now I see its at the pool bar. Did it move or did RCL change the name of the bar? Did you try them?

wow - that is different from what they did before.

I think that on the first day, people could line up and get tix to any show of your choice.

Thanks again for the information.

This is the way the current cruise director likes it done. When he was on Explorer he instituted it there. It is so nice not to have to get on a line to get tickets.

Thanks for the posting of the teen activities. My granddaughter and I will spend a few evenings going over the list and deciding just what fashion must haves will make the suitcase. For my darhling -- I think the packing and planning is almost as much fun as the doing. 13 1/2 and a TEEN! Glorious indeed.:D Now that Girl Scout camp trip to Grand Canyon, church camp, fishing camp (more fun than glam girl though it would be), Chinese language camp and now just 2 weeks of twirling camp! One version of a countdown calendar.

So August 2, 2015 cruise on IOS will the ice show tickets likely to be based on muster station? Can families go together if not the same station? (Could be that we are the same or right on the line thus different stations -- close but not next door.)

Can you tell me if the fancy drink machine is on IOS? I would love to have a drink machine for my coke card -- I just don't like only diet coke fountain style.

...Can you tell me if the fancy drink machine is on IOS? I would love to have a drink machine for my coke card -- I just don't like only diet coke fountain style.

No Coke Freestyle machine on Indy.

Thanks for posting the compass...that's a lot of work. I wanted to ask about the boardwalk hot dogs I see on sea days. It looks like they changed it up a bit. It was at the squeeze bar but now I see its at the pool bar. Did it move or did RCL change the name of the bar? Did you try them?

I had a brat on one of the days with peppers and onions and a beer. Quite delicious! They were set up on the same side as the squeeze bar, just further towards the front of the ship

Rob

Edited by treborrv

Ft. Myers. A fan of the Greenwave or Vikings?

I like both schools, but I live out near the Jet Blue ballpark so I guess I gotta call the Gateway Griffins my home team.

Course, since I'm a soccer official, I can't really have any favorites. Gotta be impartial as best I can

Rob

what if family member are at different muster stations? Can they still go to the same show? If so, how?

Thanks again,

I had a brat on one of the days with peppers and onions and a beer. Quite delicious! They were set up on the same side as the squeeze bar, just further towards the front of the ship

Rob

Thanks That's cool they are having something to eat poolside now. plus the fact that my hubby's favorite spot to grab a snack when we were on the Allure was the hot dog stand they had on the boardwalk. I don't know why simple things like just OK pizza and hot dogs taste so extra special on a cruise...they just do!! Am I right?