Hotel in San Juan arriving evening hours

cruise.freak

My and my daughter are taking the RCI cruise leaving Saturday and our flight arrives in San Juan on Friday night at 6:45. Where would be a good reasonable place to stay at and also where we can walk to grab dinner?

Thanks

Please let CC members know what price you consider reasonable

Have you checked LMT?

Cheap and just okay

Check out

https://www.choicehotels.com/puerto-...law&pmf=tripbl

http://www.canariohotels.com

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Do any of the hotels have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Also, is there a hotel with shuttle service to the pier.

In 2000, we docked by the Old town and fort. Is that the location of the current pier?

Do any of the hotels have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. Also, is there a hotel with shuttle service to the pier.

In 2000, we docked by the Old town and fort. Is that the location of the current pier?

None of the hotels in San Juan have shuttle service either way (airport or pier). Apparently an issue with the Taxi unions, or something to that effect.

Taxis are plentiful and easily taken at the airport, and hotels can call one for you. San Juan taxi fares go by zones, and $1 per piece of luggage handled.

Reasonably priced too.

If you are sailing Carnival, then the pier is in the same area. If you are on Celebrity or RCI, they sail from the Pan American pier, across the bay, next to the old airport. It's about a 10min cab ride to Old San Juan.

My and my daughter are taking the RCI cruise leaving Saturday and our flight arrives in San Juan on Friday night at 6:45. Where would be a good reasonable place to stay at and also where we can walk to grab dinner?

Thanks

For some good reading, have a look at the thread "Pre-cruise hotel in San Juan Puerto Rico". Basically asking the same question, and they arrive at 9pm.

My only advice, book as soon as you can. Hotels in San Juan especially Old San Juan fill up quickly.

There are quite a choice in your price range, by the airport, by the beaches, or right in Old San Juan.

There are a few hotels a short cab ride to the Pan American pier too. This is where your ship is leaving from. The Sheraton Convention centre and the Hyatt house come to mind in that area. Not sure how much $ for your cruise date.

Edited by t_car
content

None of the hotels in San Juan have shuttle service either way (airport or pier). Apparently an issue with the Taxi unions, or something to that effect.

Taxis are plentiful and easily taken at the airport, and hotels can call one for you. San Juan taxi fares go by zones, and $1 per piece of luggage handled.

Reasonably priced too.

If you are sailing Carnival, then the pier is in the same area. If you are on Celebrity or RCI, they sail from the Pan American pier, across the bay, next to the old airport. It's about a 10min cab ride to Old San Juan.

Thank you for the info. You have been very helpful. Since we arrive at 1:00 AM, we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn by the airport. We are sailing on RCI Jewel of the Seas in Jan.

Thank you for the info. You have been very helpful. Since we arrive at 1:00 AM, we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn by the airport. We are sailing on RCI Jewel of the Seas in Jan.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn several times and have never had a bad stay. The staff is very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter and I are flying into San Juan tomorrow (friday july 31) at 7:30pm and chose the embassy suites in Isla verde (on Tartak street). The price with taxes and resort fees is $222, quoted orice before those add on's is around $150 or $160 (I can't remember now to be exact, but add about $60 or $70 to the quoted price because resort fees and taxes add a lot to the price!). Still, this is a great rate considering other people have mentioned paying $350-$400 for the same hotel during other times of the year. The hotel is close to the airport (5 minute cab ride) and about 20 minutes from the cruise terminal. You will be leaving from the pan american cruise terminal which is not the same one you were at when you came in by ship for the day. The pan am terminal is not within walking distance to old San Juan, you will have to take a cab unless you stay at a hotel in old san juan.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Reasonably priced too.

We will be staying at the Tres Palmas Inn on Park Boulevard (not the resort). One room total cost was around $150. Includes continental breakfast and there is a restaurant within walking distance!:p

Edited by SilkySal
delete

Ok we made it to the Embassy Suites about an hour ago. It is extremely close to the airport; I would say less than 5 minutes even. It is a really nice hotel. Room 712 (and whatever else is on this row, I think 712-718) has a great view of the pool, which is colorful and pretty at night. It cost $13 for 2 passengers to get here, plus $1 per suitcase (they didn't charge for our duffle bag carry-ons). So we were charged $16 total, we gave the driver a $20. I feel like that's a lot for such a short ride but it is what it is. We walked to burger King which is down the street and it was very safe.

I'll put in another recommendation for arriving a day early; our flight left colorado at 9:46 in the morning, but because of rain and lightening in Miami where we had a connection, we ended up delayed almost 3 hours, and we were lucky, because there were 14 (yes FOURTEEN!!!) planes lined up waiting to take off behind us. If this had been the day of our cruise, we would have missed it.

We will be staying at the Tres Palmas Inn on Park Boulevard (not the resort). One room total cost was around $150. Includes continental breakfast and there is a restaurant within walking distance!:p

We are also staying at the Tres Palmas Inn for our Carnival Liberty cruise in a couple of months. Looking forward to this Inn. Sounds like a nice place in a super nice beach location.

We are also staying at the Tres Palmas Inn for our Carnival Liberty cruise in a couple of months. Looking forward to this Inn. Sounds like a nice place in a super nice beach location.

Let us know what you think. We are booked for the end of May, sailing on Carnival Fascination. Staying 2 days before and 2 days after the cruise. I have read really good reviews on the place!