cabin bathroom water safe?

We, too, drink the water from the tap. We bring an insulated bottle from home and fill it from the tap. I have my cabin steward bring me ice every day and I use that to keep my drinking water cold. We've never had an issue and the water tastes just fine. We've also never gotten norovirus but we're very cautious about washing our hands often especially before and after the Windjammer! Also, we never use the handrails when walking up and down the stairs - those are the worse for germs! As a point of interest for the OP, the last two cruises we've been on, every time we went back to our cabin, the handles on our cabin door were wet. We finally figured out that the handles were constantly being wiped down!

Edited by impatientlywaiting

We, too, drink the water from the tap. We bring an insulated bottle from home and fill it from the tap. I have my cabin steward bring me ice every day and I use that to keep my drinking water cold. We've never had an issue and the water tastes just fine. We've also never gotten norovirus but we're very cautious about washing our hands often especially before and after the Windjammer! Also, we never use the handrails when walking up and down the stairs - those are the worse for germs! As a point of interest for the OP, the last two cruises we've been on, every time we went back to our cabin, the handles on our cabin door were wet. We finally figured out that the handles were constantly being wiped down!

Just a safety note, many people get injured walking down stairs. Most industrial facilities require that employees for good reason use hand rails when using stairs. Two of the plants I have worked at will send you home the first time they catch not using hand rail and fire you the second. Slip, trips and falls can cause more permanent injury than a couple of bad days of noro virus. At least be aware that not using hand rails is not all benefit without any risk. I use the hand rails out of habit and I have never gotten noro on a cruise, now home that is another story.

Just a safety note, many people get injured walking down stairs. Most industrial facilities require that employees for good reason use hand rails when using stairs. Two of the plants I have worked at will send you home the first time they catch not using hand rail and fire you the second. Slip, trips and falls can cause more permanent injury than a couple of bad days of noro virus. At least be aware that not using hand rails is not all benefit without any risk. I use the hand rails out of habit and I have never gotten noro on a cruise, now home that is another story.

I am a "self proclaimed" germ-a-phobic using wipes in the cabin before touching ANYTHING. I swipe the light switches, phone, TV remote, etc. I never use the elevator and always take the stairs, and I agree with you that it is very dangerous using them without using the hand rails. What I do is pull my sleeve down and use that to protect my hand from actually touching the rail. If I do not have a sweater or wrap with me, I try to wash my hands as soon as possible after touching.

Yeah....I know, I'm a little crazy.....but it works for me!

hello does anyone know what precautions are used for the bathroom water for the cabins- is it safe to drink and brush teeth?

any article to prove this would be helpful:confused:

Never had a problem. Noro is spread by slobs .