Different Fwd Penthouses on the Breakaway?

Gregor4500

Forward penthouses on the Breakaway. Decks 9, 10 and 13 are available.

Wondering if anybody knows of any pluses or minuses.

Also was there a lot of motion being that far forward?

Just off the BA yesterday and stayed in a FF penthouse on deck 12 starboard. I noticed that the balcony for the same room on deck 13 was nearly entirely enclosed while ours had less of an obstructed view.

The room itself was great, with lots of space and great service from both the steward and the butler. The balconies for all the H7's are tiny, and it's silly because the 'special, 'more comfortable' chairs on the balcony are bigger than the regular ones, making the balcony even smaller!

As far as motion goes, I've sailed in forward cabins for four out of five cruises, so I didn't notice any difference. We had excellent conditions for all sea days.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I have stayed in a Haven room on deck 16, and I do think the H7's are the best bang for the Haven buck. :)

Thanks Mike, I guess I'm trying to figure out if one deck is better than another.

I'm also a little concerned about the walk to "any place". I have a bit of a breathing issue. It's just with the price of suites lately this is the only one in our budget.

You're welcome! Actually, my screen name stands for 'thank you Mike' because my wonderful bf took me on my first cruise 4 years ago and we've been cruising ever since!

As far as walking goes, it is a bit of a walk to the Haven; you have to go to the forward elevators and go up to 16 or take the stairs. It didn't bother us too much, but it was kind of a pain when we just wanted to get a drink etc.

Staying on deck 16 was definitely more convenient, but to be honest, the H7 is the nicest room I've seen 'in' the Haven. When we sailed two years ago on the BA, my brother had the H7, while others of us were spread between a penthouse suite on 16 and the huge DOS. I actually like the H7 better than even the DOS, especially for two people. That's why I booked it this time.

The only concrete information I can offer regarding which deck for an H7 is what I said before regarding the balcony on deck 13. I personally wouldn't opt for that unless there was a super serious issue with sun exposure.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be great! :)

Thanks again, I booked 10106.

We booked the ff penthouse on 9. We were told that the 9th floor had the largest ff suites. Not sure if this is true as our sailing will not be for another 3 1/2 weeks. Will report back.

Edited by Cruise a holic