Barcelona

nanaj1

We found that when be boarded in Barcelona it was a madhouse first thing. We got there early and the lines were terrible. Waits were over an hour. Didn't matter if you were latitudes or not. Both lines were equal. By the time we were ready to check in, the lines were only about 10 minutes long. Take your time and enjoy Barcelona in the morning, have some coffee and tour the local areas.

We are in Barcelona before we cruise and after, so would just like to get to the terminal early, what time would you suggest? We would take a taxi, even though we are close to the port.

Also when we get back to the Barcelona port, are there lots of taxi's or would it be better to take a shuttle to the airport, where we are getting our rental car??

If it is still there, there was a store right inside the terminal before you boarded the ship that sold wine, liquor and water along with other items I believe that you could carry right on the ship (this was after going through security getting in to the terminal). I had never seen that before. Our friends bought water to take on.

• 3 months later...

I have question. I don't want to rush to the ship on the morning we board. I have VIP boarding, but would still like to do some things in Barcelona, as long as I am on the ship by 2pm and we sail at 5pm I should be good right?

Kathy