Chefs table... Conquest

Hello all.... I am afraid I do not see many posts from /about the Conquest, so thought I would ask if anyone has done the Chefs table on the Conquest? Was it hard to book? Where was it held? Was it worth the price? What made it / or did not make it special?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all.... I am afraid I do not see many posts from /about the Conquest, so thought I would ask if anyone has done the Chefs table on the Conquest? Was it hard to book? Where was it held? Was it worth the price? What made it / or did not make it special?

Thanks in advance!

Hello did it last month... It was very easy to book as soon as you get on the ship by the entrance to Lido by the atrium there was a representative to do the booking or you can go to the front desk

It was held in a separate dining area attached to the MDR very nice and very personal.

For us being from NJ we have a lot of good eats in the area. The 75.00 charge was well worth it we are also foodies and love to try new things and the new menu was also very good. This was my 7th Chefs table and doing one next week in Alaska

It was special because all the wine you can drink red or white, the picture with the table was very nice. Getting to learn about the chef and were they come from and why they love what they do.. The people also made it fun lots of people from different places and its great to hear everyone story

So if you looking for a food coma i say do it

My thoughts

Stay Low

I just posted a link to a thread for someone else who wanted recent Funtimes for the Conquest. I noticed it had a Chef's Table menu, and then saw your thread! Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160279

That's great, thank you for posting! Totally different menu from our last Chef's Table, so I think we might do it again!:D

Hello did it last month... It was very easy to book as soon as you get on the ship by the entrance to Lido by the atrium there was a representative to do the booking or you can go to the front desk

It was held in a separate dining area attached to the MDR very nice and very personal.

For us being from NJ we have a lot of good eats in the area. The 75.00 charge was well worth it we are also foodies and love to try new things and the new menu was also very good. This was my 7th Chefs table and doing one next week in Alaska

It was special because all the wine you can drink red or white, the picture with the table was very nice. Getting to learn about the chef and were they come from and why they love what they do.. The people also made it fun lots of people from different places and its great to hear everyone story

So if you looking for a food coma i say do it

My thoughts

Stay Low

Was this $75pp or for 2?

How do you tip at the chefs table? Will probably be booking it for my august cruise and never done it before.

When you sign your reciept you can add on additional tip like you would at a restaurant or bar.

BTW you can reserve before you go by emailing the steakhouse or by going on the page for John Heald's blog using the ask John link.

Edited by Xmansmom

I have participated in three chef's tables and this was my favorite menu and presentation thus far. I am scheduled for one in March on the Triumph. Family cruise for 11 and they all chose this as their Christmas present. They were given the choice of this or a swim with dolphins! So glad we all will do this together. We usually tip 10-15$ per person at the table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The $75 per person includes gratuity. Remember that this is IN ADDITION to the daily gratuities you are already paying and IN ADDITION to the dinner that you have already paid for in the regular dining room or lido that you are not eating.

We did the Chef's table on the Magic's second sailing in the Mediterranean, commemorating our 25th anniversary and it was fun and memorable. I am now debating whether the additional $150 is worth doing on the Splendor in December marking our 30th anniversary.

I suppose much will depend upon what night it is offered and what the menu in the dining room is on that night

The $75 per person includes gratuity. Remember that this is IN ADDITION to the daily gratuities you are already paying and IN ADDITION to the dinner that you have already paid for in the regular dining room or lido that you are not eating.

I'm glad you mentioned that the $75 includes a gratuity. I forgot that it did from the one time we did Chef's Table. Thanks for posting!

We did the Chefs table on the Valor last December and would do it again in the future. I thought it was wonderful and well worth the price. It all depends on the individual just like anything else dealing with food. The entire experience was great; the service was impeccable; and we even had entertainment during the evening dining experience.

Pace yourself so you can enjoy each and every course!

• 2 weeks later...