Good News... We Received Our Passports Today!!!

Noillid2

to everyone who are receiving their passports! :D It definitely makes you feel so much better when you receive them, especially when your only birth certificate is returned too! Right "countrymoon"? :confused: The U.S. Department of State should definitely be commended for doing a wonderful job in spite of the circumstances!!! Like "greatdanemom" said: They Rock!!! Thank you to everyone for letting us know what's happening. :)

I'm From The New Orleans Area. Sent Our Application's For Renewal Passport's On 07/29/05. Was Told By Post Office Employee At That Time That We Had To Send Both Expired Passport And Birth Certificate To Get Renewal Passport. When We Evacuated For Katrina We Had Still Not Heard Anything On Our Paspports. After The Hurricane I Found Out From A Family Member Who Works For The Postal Service That Birth Certificate Was Not Needed For Renewal, Only Old Passport & Application. So Now I Really Panic, No Passport, No Birth Certificate And No Open Facility In New Orleans To Obtain A Birth Certificate. Do I Have To Cancel Long Awaited Cruise? I Get Home A Week Later Around Sept. 13 And I Get The Post Card In The Mail A Few Days Later. So I Wait. Dh And I Are Discussing What We Are Going To Do If We Do Not Hear Anything Within A Week Or So, That Same Afternoon We Receive Our Passports. The Cruise Is On!!!!!!!!! We Need It More Than Ever Before.

Gosh! My parents sent their passports off for renewal around 8/18 and don't have theirs back. The passport office was not NO. We cruise in 24 days. :eek:

13 days til cruise and my parents have received their passports. Came in the mail today. :D

I went back to the Cruise Personalizer and changed their passport numbers and dates to reflect the new passports. The only problem is that the cruise documents have the old issue and expiration dates on them. Do you think my parents will have trouble checking in? Should they take their old expired passports as well?

Archived