Chances of getting dining and show reservations with a late booking? (On Getaway)

Hi there,

We are a family of 5 and new to NCL and have decided to book the Getaway for next month (8/22). I would like to choose the UDP as our free add on but am worried about getting reservations. I don't want to pay the 18% gratuity up front and then find out we can't get reservations! What are the odds that there will still be reservations available online at this point? If we can't get them online, how do we try to make the reservations once we are onboard?

Also, will we be able to get reservations for the shows at this point? And if we can't get those online, how do we book those when we get onboard?

I realize it is last minute but I don't want to book and then find out we can't see the shows or dine in the specialty restaurants. I also don't want to stress out the first day running around trying to get the different reservations, I am hoping it is a fairly easy process to do onboard.

Thanks for any input!

I've not been on the Getaway yet, but all other NCL ships that we have sailed on, has a dinner reservation desk, usually connected to Guest Services. So you only have to go to one spot to make all the reservations, not each restaurant. Even doing them late, you shouldn't have a problem getting them. You might not get your first choice of times, but I've never seen any of the specialty restaurants completely full, even with the UDP promos. Getaway might be different, but I don't think it would be.

We are also first time NCL cruisers and I booked the 8/8 Getaway sailing within 26 days of sailing and was able to book all the dinners online for 4 with no trouble. Go for it! Be mindful though of when show times are and maybe book those first. I booked dinners first then couldn't get the shows due to "conflicts" so will have to call and see about changing some reservations.

Edited by cardbucfan

Greeting, I will also be on the Getaway Aug 22nd.

Booked 3 weeks ago and had the same ?'s so I called NCL.

Worthless, can not tell you what shows and dining are available.

I will log into my account now and check for you. Cheers! James

get back with you soon

This is what is left on availability for entertainment. Comedy and grammy exp you make reservation once on the ship.

Sat- Miami.

illusionarium. 5:30 banquet seats

Sun- sea. Illusion 8:45. Floor seating

Mon- sea. Burn the floor. 7:30/10:00

Illusion 8:45 Banquet seating

Tues- st. Thomas. Illusion. 8:45. Floor or banquet

Wed- Tortola. Legally blonde. 7:30/10:15

Thur-sea. Illusion. 5:30 floor or banquet

Fri- Nassau. nothing left

Hope this helps! CHEERS! James

They don't release all reservations in advance for online booking, so those won't be the only choices. There will be much more available once you get on the ship. They hold some back. Book as soon as you board.

I'd like to invite everyone who'll be the 8/22 Getaway sailing to come on over to the Roll Call and join your fellow cruisers here on Cruise Critic! Just go to the Getaway section of the NCL Roll Calls and look for "Norwegian getaway august 22 - 29 2015" -- or click on this handy link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2141658

Hope to see you there, and on board! :)