Explorer of the Seas Fitness Centre

Hi Everyone,

Does anybody know if the Explorer has rowers, barbells, squat racks, pylo boxes or pull up bars? Thanks :)

Yes to free weights and pull up bars, don't know about the rest.

what is the best time to use the gym least busy in the morning

Many people on a cruise ship have the same idea - go to the gym first thing in the morning, get the workout done, it won't be busy. WRONG! Oh my goodness, so wrong. It can get very busy in the morning and because there is a 20 minute limit on the machines, you have people waiting sometimes. I just got so frustrated that after my 20 minutes on the treadmill (which turn off automatically - launch you into a 5 minute cool down!), I quickly wiped it down and continued outside on the track. Honestly, it stinks in there in the morning anyway... morning breath and all (yes, myself included!! I'm not immune. :D )

...I just got so frustrated that after my 20 minutes on the treadmill (which turn off automatically - launch you into a 5 minute cool down!)....

Sorry, I must correct my own self here - I was confused about my cruises and the above happened on our recent Celebrity Solstice cruise. The treadmills on RCI don't have an automatic time limit/shut off of 20 minutes but there are signs indicating to please keep it to 20 minutes.