When is your schools Spring Break 2016?

setsail1975

Easter in 2016 is the end of March. So, I would think that is why so many schools have Spring break in March instead of April. Just a thought.

Not many areas schedule it according to Easter anymore. Every year, March weeks have far more Spring Breakers than April, even for high school & lower. This is true regardless of when Easter is. Easter being in March may give a slight boost to March Spring Breaks, but not much. Prices are always a clear indicator as to when the most schools nationwide are out. March is very expensive, April is much cheaper, and it's like that every year.

I disagree with the comment that says that all cruises have about the same number of people on board. During low demand sailings, many of the 3rd/4th/5th beds are not used. They allow 2 people to book those, just trying to fill every room. The end result can be more than 500 fewer people during low demand sailings, especially on the bigger ships. On Dream class ships, I have had 4100, 4700, & 4650. The higher numbers were during our Spring Break (March) & the Northeast's Spring Break (April). Not during Spring Break, every room might have been filled, but the total number of guests was far less.

I have never even priced a March cruise, being that 1.) I live in the Northeast and weather is so unpredictable that I do not like to chance it with a major snow storm ..2.) My kids have never had a break during the month of March..3.) I've assumed colleges have their Spring Break then again being very crowded.. We tend to travel on non peak times. I work in a hospital so traveling around a holiday is out of the question:/.

It's very interesting to see all this responses. I'm going to just for giggles check out a March Sailing to see if my April sailing is a better deal , which I'm assuming it is. It always makes me feel great knowing I got a good deal.. Lol[emoji4]Thanks again for the info!

We're in the Northeast as well (MA) and our spring break is the same, 04/17 - 04/23. We'll be on the Breeze in April 2016. How about you?

Lisa

Yes, exactly the same. Just bought our airfare last week so it's official we'll be on the Breeze 4/17-4/23/16[emoji4]

My 10 year old is off the week after Easter and my high schoolers are off the same week as you. It means no spring break vacations for us.

That stinks:/ I suppose that will eventually happen to me.. when my oldest goes off to college and I'll have a high school and middle schooler .

We haven't purchased airfare yet... I'm hoping rates drop a bit. We'll have a 7 year old at the time of sailing so she should be in the same Camp group as your youngest.

We normally fly from Hartford since that's our closest airport... I checked there , Westchester , White plains, Providence, Boston... All priced around $2,800-$3,560---( JetBlue Hartford of course) for 5 tickets.. I would never pay that price and that's going into FLL.. I found non stop flights from Laguardia to Miami for $1,056.00 for 5...

So I contemplated cause I prefer to fly on Southwest, yet their rates aren't out yet.. I doubt I'll find any cheaper. So American it is I bought those....I reserved 2 car rentals too ,so we can drive ourselves each way and drop the cars off, rather then use our own.. Or we may just book a limo, which is still cheaper. We will decide that as it closer...We are about a 1&1/2 hours from Laguardia. I looked today the prices for airfare are the same on AA.... Yes, my son is 8 and will definitely be in camp, he loves it there!

I found $250 Worcester to FLL the other day, but it was an 11pm flight. We'll fly BOS, PVD, BDL or ORH and have flown to Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando if the price is right. Currently everything I've seen is 350 pp and up. There's time so I'll keep looking...

btw. thanks for the La Guardia mention! It's a 2:45 hour drive for us, but flights are only $207 each. Definitely something to consider!

We chose the 7am departure and the 5:00pm return we will do possibly the Everglades tour on the return since our flight is later in the day. Good luck I didn't really want to spend the money on flights so far out, but being a vacation break I figured I better grab them.with my luck they would have sky rocketed !

Do schools still have a break in February? I taught in NJ for several years (many years ago), and, except for one very snowy winter when we had used up our allowed snow days by the end of January, we had President's week off.

I've been avoiding planning trips to the States in February, thinking that cruise fares and air fares would be high (and ships and planes at capacity), but if the President's week break is a thing of the past, then a Caribbean cruise might be tempting.

I know cruise fares are often lower in January- how are the fares in February?

Do schools still have a break in February? I taught in NJ for several years (many years ago), and, except for one very snowy winter when we had used up our allowed snow days by the end of January, we had President's week off.

I've been avoiding planning trips to the States in February, thinking that cruise fares and air fares would be high (and ships and planes at capacity), but if the President's week break is a thing of the past, then a Caribbean cruise might be tempting.

I know cruise fares are often lower in January- how are the fares in February?

Our school system does not have a February break, we just have Presidents weekend.

In NM we have spring break March 21 -- 25. We cruise every spring break because my wife is a teacher, and it's been fine. No real problems -- however, we do cruise Celebrity most of the time and they tend to get less kids. Last year we did an NCL cruise for Spring Break and even with a ton of kids it went fine.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I am connected to two school counties in Florida. Both have Spring Break the week of March 21-25.

You can also see a comprehensive list for colleges and universities here:

http://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break

The college my daughter will be going to isn't on this list so I wouldn't call it comprehensive as I spot checked for a few more schools I know of (including a large one in our area and also one of my alma maters) and those aren't on this list, either.

The LAUSD (the second largest school district in the country) has always taken off the week leading up to Easter, back when I was a kid and at the present.

The college my daughter will be going to isn't on this list so I wouldn't call it comprehensive as I spot checked for a few more schools I know of (including a large one in our area and also one of my alma maters) and those aren't on this list' date=' either.

The LAUSD (the second largest school district in the country) has always taken off the week leading up to Easter, back when I was a kid and at the present.[/quote']

Sorry... English is my second language... DH just explained the meaning to me. So, it is not a comprehensive list.

We cruised the Breeze this May 22nd. I heard it was full (no empty cabins, maybe not max capacity though). It never felt too crowded, but we didn't try to hang out around the pools much. This was the day after school got out for us, but I'm sure there were lots of schools still in session. I was surprised at the proportion of adults to kids after two DCL cruises.

We cruised the Breeze this May 22nd. I heard it was full (no empty cabins, maybe not max capacity though). It never felt too crowded, but we didn't try to hang out around the pools much. This was the day after school got out for us, but I'm sure there were lots of schools still in session. I was surprised at the proportion of adults to kids after two DCL cruises.

Even if some colleges are getting out around that time, I would imagine that many students aren't immediately jumping on a ship after their last final exam.