new bottle liquid policy stories...?

Qcruise

Does anyone have any real time experience with the new carry on bottled liquid policy the line has imposed....? Can we get anything at all on in our carry on like small bottle of cranberry juice or anything....?? Leaving in Sept out of Long Beach

Does anyone have any real time experience with the new carry on bottled liquid policy the line has imposed....? Can we get anything at all on in our carry on like small bottle of cranberry juice or anything....?? Leaving in Sept out of Long Beach

I don't have any input on if bottles are getting through but there are cans of cranberry juice you can purchase so you don't need to worry about breaking the rules for that

Just got off the Breeze this past weekend. The only thing you are allowed to bring on is a bottle of wine for each person 21+ in the cabin. This MUST be in your carry on or they will confiscate it. (We learned this the hard way.) you can also take a case of pop each. But that's it.

So I guess the soda pop is OK because one can't tamper with a sealed can....it's very sad that the company had to go to this extent to stop the smuggling. We went ahead and purchased a bottle of alcohol with mixers on line, just checking if we might be able to take any other mixers on with us for variety. Thanks for your answers.......

We just bought some non-soda cans (less than 12 ounces) at the Mexican grocery store. Pineapple juice, mango nectar, coconut juice, apple juice, you could purchase them by the can. So we got one of each for less than a dollar each (maybe 69 cents, can't remember).

We bought a bottle of rum package from Bon Voyage (with a 6 pack of coke) and between the things I mentioned and a 12 pack of diet coke we should have plenty of variety.

We will be able to make Cuba Libres and fruity type rum drinks.

So, are they confiscating people's bottle of mouthwash as well? I have heard tell that many hide their booze in recycled mouthwash containers and add food coloring. They should probably put a limit on scope to be travel size bottles only. :rolleyes: Not like anyone needs that much scope on a one week's journey anyway. ---------->troublemaker :eek:

Edited by familyoutdoors

So, are they confiscating people's bottle of mouthwash as well? I have heard tell that many hide their booze in recycled mouthwash containers and add food coloring. They should probably put a limit on scope to be travel size bottles only. :rolleyes: Not like anyone needs that much scope on a one week's journey anyway. ---------->troublemaker :eek:

Yeah, I was wondering the same. Was told by Special Needs Department to put my Apple Cider Vinegar in my checked luggage...hmmm...I tried to explain it is glass bottle and liquid and they said it doesn't matter. Put it in checked luggage.

What about my big bottle of shampoo, conditioner, etc?

I actually saw a video on that. What people will do for the hootch! We are buying through Carnival (crazy prices, but cheaper than buying per drink) and having beer on the pool deck.