Mykonos on a VERY crowded day.

Travelling2Some

The day that we will be in Mykonos (October 7) the port load will be over 9,000 pax:eek: From what I can see on the Cruisett site this is pretty unusual. To make it worse we will be the third ship (out of four) to arrive that morning at 8 AM with two other ships just ahead of us at 7 AM. The fourth ship, thank goodness is not due in until the afternoon.

So . . . with that in mind I am wondering a few things. First, should I assume we will tender or is there room at the dock for a third ship? Secondly, I had planned to just rent an ATV or scooter and run around the island for a bit before returning to town in the afternoon. Will they be all out of ATVs and scooters by the time I get there. If I should reserve one in advance I'd appreciate a recommendation on who to deal with. Thanks very much for any advice.

I realize that you think that is a heavy load, but remember that most Europeans are not on holiday then, and there will not be many people on the island except for cruisers, unlike in the summer when there are thousands of tourists staying on the island.

That is getting late in the season so a lot of beaches will be deserted. I would suggest reserving a scooter ahead of time if you want one, just to make sure the places will be open.

I realize that you think that is a heavy load, but remember that most Europeans are not on holiday then, and there will not be many people on the island except for cruisers, unlike in the summer when there are thousands of tourists staying on the island.

That is getting late in the season so a lot of beaches will be deserted. I would suggest reserving a scooter ahead of time if you want one, just to make sure the places will be open.

Good to know. Thanks very much for the information!

We're planning on renting a scooter in Mykonos in early August, which is sure to be busy. We sent e-mails to 2 companies requesting reservations, but never heard back. Munchen was one, don't recall the other. Not sure if they just assume I'll arrive or what? In any regard, we dock at 7:00 a.m., so I'm sure we won't have a problem finding one to rent - just curious if anyone has any feedback on the topic. Thanks!

Susan