Epic W. Med Dailies/Disembarkation - Barcelona

cot427

I did a search but couldn't find anything. I'm looking for the Epic's Western Mediterranean dailies, most importantly the disemarkation day daily as well as your experiences with disembarkation in Barcelona.

I'm in the process of looking for flights and was wondering if I could make a 10-11am flight out of El Prat.

Thanks!

I've been on several cruises out of Barcelona, and the transfer time from the terminal to the Airport is 15-20 mins. However thousands of people are disemabarking from the Epic and RCI Allure. There will be plenty of taxis , but if I were you i'd pre-book a taxi. Have a look at Suntransfers.com.

If everything goes to plan you should be able to get off between 7-8am.

Good luck.

I have a similar question. I am looking to book a train to Paris from the Sants station that departs at 9:30AM. I understand that it is a 10 minute taxi ride to the station. We are in a Haven Suite and I think we are able to disembark early, but I am not sure. Can anyone advise?

I've been on several cruises out of Barcelona, and the transfer time from the terminal to the Airport is 15-20 mins. However thousands of people are disemabarking from the Epic and RCI Allure. There will be plenty of taxis , but if I were you i'd pre-book a taxi. Have a look at Suntransfers.com.

If everything goes to plan you should be able to get off between 7-8am.

Good luck.

Thanks! Per the itinerary, it says the ship docks at 5AM. I was just looking for when the first people are allowed off.

The nice thing is that Epic will not be sharing with Allure that day. Allure isn't doing a Mediterranean season next year and Harmony won't be sailing until June from Barcelona. (I guess it's also unfortunate because I was planning on doing the Allure.) So taxis shouldn't be terrible I suspect.

I will definitely look into Sun transfers though. Thanks for the info!

I had the same questions before we sailed back in early June. We did the walk off on our own carrying our luggage with us. We walked off at about 8:00 am and quickly was able to get a taxi (plenty to be had) and was at the airport by about 8:45 am. We had an 11:45 am flight.

Hi cot - We are doing the same cruise on May 8th ... we'll a clean ship for you :)

Our flight is booked for 10:45 a.m. on AA out of BCN to PHL and I have read ithat this is doable if you get up & off early.

I did this same flight in May and it worked out beautiful. We walked off at 7am and had a car waiting to pick us up. Just took 15 minutes to get to the airport but the hard part was having to wait in line at AA desk to check in our luggage and then having to go through security and then passport control. Was getting a little uneasy for a bit there but wound up having plenty of time to have breakfast near the gate.

I did this same flight in May and it worked out beautiful. We walked off at 7am and had a car waiting to pick us up. Just took 15 minutes to get to the airport but the hard part was having to wait in line at AA desk to check in our luggage and then having to go through security and then passport control. Was getting a little uneasy for a bit there but wound up having plenty of time to have breakfast near the gate.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I hate rushing and worrying about making a flight, but I also hate waiting for hours in the airport after a cruise when all I want to do is get home! It's a tough trade-off but I'm thinking as long as the flight is closer to 11am as opposed to 10am, we should be fine.

I have a similar question. I am looking to book a train to Paris from the Sants station that departs at 9:30AM. I understand that it is a 10 minute taxi ride to the station. We are in a Haven Suite and I think we are able to disembark early, but I am not sure. Can anyone advise?

I asked this question too. I decided to take later train to Paris as that was recommended by NCL and some cruisers on here . It seems to be do able though.

thank you for this thread its very helpful as we too will be getting of epic and heading to sants train station.

I have anther question if anyone could please give advise on the earliest boarding time for Epic? We get off Harmony the same day so even if we manage a latest disembark of 930am ish how long are we going to be hanging around the port waiting to get on Epic?

thanks