Chances of getting switched from late to early seating??

liasophia

On boarding day, the maitre d' will be available in one of the dining rooms. On our recent NOS cruise it was the deck 4 dining room, and he was there about 1:30 PM. He will take requests for a change of seating and will accomodate you if possible. Usually it is the late seating that is booked up, making it impossible to change from early to late. Usually, late to early change is possible. Check your first day Compass for time and place to see the maitre d' and get there early. There is always a crowd!

Does your TA have you waitlisted for main seating? If so, you could be changed before your trip. If not, ask your TA to do so.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I had just the opposite problem for our Thanksgiving week cruise. I wanted to switch to late and was told mid-July that I couldn't even get on the waiting list because there was so many ahead of me. But they said to keep checking back. I did, and about a month later they moved us to late seating. It's worth it to keep checking back. You haven't lost anything by doing it and if you're successful that's one less thing to worry about after you board the ship. Good luck! :)

I think 8:30 is way too late for me to eat dinner!! I will be starving by then!!
Trust me...you will not be starving! That's one of the reasons we eat later, because we are still full from the breakfast, lunch and snacking. There is always something to eat, so you can grab a late afternoon snack or have something delivered to your room while getting dressed.:D Most people prefer the late seating. Gives you a more relaxing time in port and on sea days before getting ready for dinner. We also like to go to the shows before dinner because we are too sleepy after we eat to sit. After dinner, we walk around the ship, play the slots and visit the bars. We are usually in bed by midnight.

We came upon this issue back in July. We decided to break our group up so we wouldn't have to take any children to dinner.

I called and wait-listed 4 people for early seating. Within 3 weeks (about a month before final payment was due) we got confirmed for early seating.

I was surprised we got it so quickly. So I think you have a pretty good chance since you're doing it this early.

I wouldn't worry.

Good luck!:D

Les

Archived