Beaches

Ivy1908

What is a good beach to go to in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios? Just want a nice beach to lay out with food and shopping options. Can we take cabs there and back easily? Carnival excursions seem limited. I may consider parasailing in Grand Cayman but not certain yet. Thanks!

What is a good beach to go to in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios? Just want a nice beach to lay out with food and shopping options. Can we take cabs there and back easily? Carnival excursions seem limited. I may consider parasailing in Grand Cayman but not certain yet. Thanks!

Seven Mile Beach in GC is where most go. There are lots of bars and restaurants along it. I've been a few times, nice white sandy beach and very clear water. There will be an abundance of cabs waiting at the dock where the tender boats pull up for you to catch a ride there.

I can't help with OR, I have not been to the beach at that port.

Can anyone recommend a good beach bar to go and relax without a huge crowd on 7MB GC?

Not sure. You may want to post that question yourself. I'm simply asking about a beach in general...not bars.

Can anyone recommend a good beach bar to go and relax without a huge crowd on 7MB GC?

When I was there last October on Freedom of the Seas our group went to the Royal Palms Beach Club. It was about 10-15 minutes by taxi. They have a bar, restaurant, music and a freshwater pool. It's also right on the beach, so you could swim in either. They only charge a $2 fee to get in, but it never got overly crowded. That can vary by how many ships are in port though.

Thanks! I think thats where the parasailing excursion is also. Does anybody have a beach recommendation for Ocho Rios?

This is a rather lame suggestion BUT Margaritaville is very close and has a small beach area. :o

LuLu

When I was there last October on Freedom of the Seas our group went to the Royal Palms Beach Club. It was about 10-15 minutes by taxi. They have a bar, restaurant, music and a freshwater pool. It's also right on the beach, so you could swim in either. They only charge a $2 fee to get in, but it never got overly crowded. That can vary by how many ships are in port though.

Perfect! Thanks!

[/b]

This is a rather lame suggestion BUT Margaritaville is very close and has a small beach area. :o

LuLu

LOL I love Margaritaville! May decide to go there for drinks after beach time :-)

LOL I love Margaritaville! May decide to go there for drinks after beach time :-)

We stopped by Margaritaville after doing the DRF trip via cab. It was really small, but the atmosphere there was fun and we bought our t-shirts! There are lots of vendors and little shops on the way over; it's a very short walk outside the secure area in -between the cabs and the gate. Our backup if we didn't go to the falls was to take a cab over to one of the adult only Sandals resorts- you can email them and ask about a day pass. Although they don't advertise one, they may offer a day pass to you (they did for us at $100pp).

IN GC, you don't need a cab...take the bus! $2.50 pp, and they are very regular....take you to anywhere on 7 Mile Beach. When you're done, go stand by the road, and they'll pick you up! Too easy! Shopping is right across from the tender dock...easy walking after your beach day. All of 7 Mile Beach has chair/umbrella rentals food/drink, restrooms, etc...up and down the beach.

Edited by cb at sea

It's not relaxing but the Blue Hole in Ocho Rios is unbelievable. The most beautiful place I have ever been in my entire life. Nothing but waterfalls and deep deep water holes. If I ever went back to Jamaica it would only be to go there.

Edited by Bellabananas