Can you open doors between balconies?

neetze1

Yes. But, if you are booking adjacent cabins, you have to make sure the doors from your cabin onto the balcony are on the far ends of each balcony. If the doors are centered near the balcony divider, then opening the divider will block one of the cabin doors.

Make sense?

CeleBrat

Here's how you tell for sure...

Google "Carnival Valor goccl" and open the document with that title in the Google results. Then click "Cabin Descriptions" and click on your deck. Then scroll down to find your cabin number. It will tell you there the adjacent cabin that is allowed a balcony divider to be open.

Here's hoping you find the information you are seeking and also...Have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Hi,

I am thinking of booking on the Valor but wanted to know if you can open the doors between balconies?

Thank you.

Here's how you tell for sure...

Google "Carnival Valor goccl" and open the document with that title in the Google results. Then click "Cabin Descriptions" and click on your deck. Then scroll down to find your cabin number. It will tell you there the adjacent cabin that is allowed a balcony divider to be open.

Here's hoping you find the information you are seeking and also...Have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Not all balconies can be opened. The doc forwardcabin said to look at will give you a definate. On the Valor I had 3 balconies in a row on the Lido but only 2 could be opened.

Hi,

I am thinking of booking on the Valor but wanted to know if you can open the doors between balconies?

Thank you.

All the doors open all the way down the side of the ship, in order for mass cleaning of the balconies on turnaround day.

I remember touring the Triumph the day she arrived from Italy, and while touring the staterooms, stepping out to the balcony an being able to see clear to the from and back of the ship from where I was standing.

And sure enough, when we cruised her a couple months later, debarkation morning they were once again all open.

I wonder at what point pax started asking for personal reasons. But they used to honor any request. Now it has to be under certain conditions, like location of hooks curing device. So even though the partition CAN be opened, it's hit or miss if they will open it. I've seen lists over the years somewhere of complied open and closing partitions and associated cabins.

We once had 5 in a row opened one cruise, and although the novelty was cool, I quickly realized I lost my privacy, and wished we either didn't do it, or had the ability to close and secure them at will.

On the Valor, the request is made to your cabin steward.

Edited by SeeBurd

All the doors open all the way down the side of the ship, in order for mass cleaning of the balconies on turnaround day.

I remember touring the Triumph the day she arrived from Italy, and while touring the staterooms, stepping out to the balcony an being able to see clear to the from and back of the ship from where I was standing.

And sure enough, when we cruised her a couple months later, debarkation morning they were once again all open.

I wonder at what point pax started asking for personal reasons. But they used to honor any request. Now it has to be under certain conditions, like location of hooks curing device. So even though the partition CAN be opened, it's hit or miss if they will open it. I've seen lists over the years somewhere of complied open and closing partitions and associated cabins.

We once had 5 in a row opened one cruise, and although the novelty was cool, I quickly realized I lost my privacy, and wished we either didn't do it, or had the ability to close and secure them at will.

All of what you say is true (we had 5 in a row open on the Breeze for this past NYE cruise). That being said there are times where opening the door will lean against the cabin door of one of the cabins, which is the hesitancy of the CS to open it for you.

You are absolutely correct all balcony doors open for cleaning and maintenance. But....whether these doors can be locked in the open position for the duration of the cruise is another story. If the ship you choose has balcony doors that open against the ship (ie the stateroom itself) only those that DO NOT obstruct the door from the stateroom to the balcony can be left opened..

All of what you say is true (we had 5 in a row open on the Breeze for this past NYE cruise). That being said there are times where opening the door will lean against the cabin door of one of the cabins, which is the hesitancy of the CS to open it for you.

Yes, as alluded to in paragraph 4.