Post cruise hotel

Chadrapp

Personally, for an early morning flight, I'd feel more comfortable staying near the airport than in Venice. Reason being ..... if my transportation fails me at 5:30am, I'm only 4 minutes away rather than 20 minutes .

I'd check my luggage at the Left Luggage facility at Piazzale Roma, explore Venice for the day, then collect my luggage after dinner and head to my airport hotel.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-airport-hotels.htm

If you prefer to stay in Venice, it would be easier to stay near Piazzale Roma which is where buses, taxis etc are stationed.

We had a flight at the same time and after spending a couple of days in Venice moved to the Marriott courtyard right by the airport the night before our flight. It's a nice hotel and they have a free shuttle to the airport. Totally agree about leaving your bags at Piazzale Roma and enjoying the day in Venice before heading over to the airport that evening. Easy to take a bus from there right to the airport where you can catch the shuttle to the hotel

Last time in Venice we had an early flight as well and stayed in Hotel Arlecchino just off Piazzale Roma. We walked from the hotel with our bags to Piazzale Roma where we caught the ATVO bus. It was very simple and fast. That gave us one more night in Venice to enjoy a great restaurant and walk a bit before retiring.