Fun Family Cruise Picture

CaliforniaCruiser4life

Two weeks ago I had breast cancer surgery. I spoke with my surgeon about the cruise and he said it would be ok to cruise. It was probably the best cruise ever because I was able to not think about the next part of my treatment that I will need after the cruise. This is our 18th cruise and we decided to have a little fun so we picked up some costumes and customized them. Here is one of the pictures with my brother and my husband. :)

mustarddrill.jpg.67fb7fc83b0d957f20e7e5e3a6e703b5.jpg

So glad you had a wonderful time. This should help you go into your treatment feeling strong, refreshed and ready to deal with any ups and downs. We did an Alaska cruise in June and loved it. I have stage IV breast cancer, in remission for a bit over four years, and find that travel is the best medicine. Being positive won't cure breast cancer, but it will make your life a good deal more pleasant (but don't hesitate to scream on the bad days!). Best wishes to you.

Two weeks ago I had breast cancer surgery. I spoke with my surgeon about the cruise and he said it would be ok to cruise. It was probably the best cruise ever because I was able to not think about the next part of my treatment that I will need after the cruise.

Right there with you, babe. I also had two surgeries, followed by chemo and radiation, the works. I won't lie - it was tough. There were a lot of dark days, and in fact coming here and reading and posting - dreaming about my next cruise - got me through some of the difficult times. We cruised as soon as I was able, but I admit that I slept most of that cruise. :D

God bless.