The TA deals have already started

ghstudio

We always buy a Travel insurance policy as soon as we book for the amount of the deposit. Costs us under $50 and should we have to cancel the insurance will cover that cost.

Once we are ready to make final payment we increase the the travel insurance to cover the trip. Have never outright cancelled if we can't go we just transfer the booking.

Thanks for the speedy reply Curt. I don't think the group is getting Interline rates as My TA's advertised price is better and offers more perks, and the cruise is 16 months out. I think I will call the TA and see what they can do.

I am using them for the first time for an upcoming cruise. The deal was too good to pass up. Much better than what I had booked through Celebrity. However....

I have not been happy with their CS. I booked with one TA thinking that she would be "the one." When I asked for an invoice, it was sent by someone else (a xeroxed copy of the invoice with some penciled-in notes.) When I decided to upgrade, I contacted the first TA again by email and the upgrade was handled by a 3rd person. When I wanted another invoice showing the changes, I called the first TA direct on her extension and once again got a another new person who sent the invoice (another copy with penciled-in notes.).

Final payment was suppose to be last Friday, and I have yet to receive a confirmation that payment was made. Must I ask again for that? :rolleyes:

I also had a final payment due last Friday and I too have not received a paid invoice, however I am not worried as the charge is showing on my credit card as a pending charge to Celebrity. Once that goes through I will receive a paid invoice as I have on the previous cruises booked through them.

In the past we used a TA where you could speak to the same person every time but they couldn't match the perks we get from the 2 online agencies we use. In both cases we deal with who ever takes the call not the person who originally handled the booking.

I don't care that one person does the booking and others handled the changes, etc as long as it gets done:)

We, too, have used the third one down for quite a number of cruises. Yes, they do have a cancellation fee, but I understand that as,a business expense-- and haven't had to cancel yet. Sometimes we book direct or on-board, then transfer. This time it was better to use them. Service has been excellent--have used three different agents over the years as the older ones moved to different positions. Had one time when we did not get a return call, but we're not that enthusiastic about the last minute cruise and found our current contact the next time.

Booked today for April.

Do a Google search for a topic like 'discount, last minute cruises' and many agencies will pop up in the first two search pages. You are the best judge of the quality of service received, ask specifically about cancellation charges, OBC, etc. I did not like the "order taker" first contact and expect one agent to have some interest in my booking.

I have used a service where agents bid for my specific cruise, and both times found small agents willing to negotiate who had group rates, but have ultimately settled with a big agency known for its good newsletter, informative website and one agent who takes my order and supports me from then on with changes, special requests, and any problems that my occur.

We like this service too and we always pick the big agencies except one time when small agency offered deal nobody can beat... :)

Booking from OZ but 5 cruises down and very happy with No1 on the list. No cancellation fees either, although may be a case to case scenario. [emoji38]

Have had a few cruise line related issues with bookings and they have gone to town for me each time and resolved. Wish they did legal advice as well lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a full list of the codes on my invoice, I never realized there were so many...we are 3 pax in a cabin, sailing under the all-in 123 promo and a book on board, and in a RS.

GRATUITIES ✔ ✔ ✔

CELEBRITY PA ✔ - -

123GOPROMO3 ✔ ✔ ✔

PRBEVINCGRAT ✔ ✔ ✔

PRBVPROMO ✔ ✔ ✔

AI CEL CL AL ✔ ✔ -

AI CEL PR AL ✔ ✔ -

123GOPROMO4 - - ✔

INTERNETCHG - - ✔

BEVNAINGRAT - - ✔

AI CEL PR NA - - ✔

SPRINGPROMOB - - ✔

AI CEL CL NA

Almost half of those are just for the third person though, so most bookings wouldn't attract those. Similarly they wouldn't appear when you travel solo.