Bangkok Private Tour Guide

cb747

Hi,

I have several people from our Dec. roll call of Asia and we are looking for a reputable tour guide to pick us up at the ship, give us a full guided tour of Bangkok and then drop us off at a hotel of our choice, pick us up the next day and give us a guided tour of Ayutthaya and bring us back to the ship. If anyone can recommend a tour guide who performed a similar service please e-mail me at Hottieg747@aol.com.

I thank you for your help.

Cb747

I sure can recommend someone. Try http://www.thaitourguide.com. We asked for Mrs. Aom, as recommended by others, and she was a delight. She guided us with perfection on our visit in early February this year. Without a doubt the best, most patient, most personable and friendliest guide we have ever hired.

Mrs.%20Aom.JPG

Edited by sloopsailor

• 2 weeks later...

We too used thaitourguides last year. Our guide was Mr George. We didn't want tobe overloaded with temples so emailed asking the company to keep the Royal palace in but also include the floating market, canal ride and train market. They were happy to do this.

We were picked up at the ship in a very comfortable air co ditioned van and taken to Bangkok. On the first day we saw the palace, had a great lunch at a Thai restaurant, walked through a large food market ( had some food samples!), went on a private longboat trip across the river and into canals seeing how locals live. We then had a short van ride through Bangkok which ended at our hotel - the Holiday Inn Express at about 6pm. The hotel is new, very smart and clean, and amazingly cheap for B&B. It's right next to a metro stop and we used it to go into Pattaya (I think) to sightsee and have a meal in the evening.

Mr George picked us up at 8.30am the next morning and took us to the floating markets and we had another private canal trip. From there we then went to see the train market which is about 40 minutes outside the city. We had time to browse the shops and indoor market and watched the sellers along the train track close up their stalls about 10 seconds before the train went through, and then open it all out again within another 10 seconds! We then had a short drive through the countryside and Bangkok again before being taken back to the ship with a short stop for lunch again.

We had a brilliant 2 days and couldn't believe how much we squeezed into our short visit. Mr George and the driver were lovely and always had a supply of cold water and cool face wipes in the van. One of my party has a walking disability and they always it as easy as possible for her by parking very close to everything and making sure she had a helping hand when needed.

I'd definitely recommend both Thaitourguides and the Holiday Inn Express.

We too used thaitourguides last year. Our guide was Mr George. We didn't want tobe overloaded with temples so emailed asking the company to keep the Royal palace in but also include the floating market, canal ride and train market. They were happy to do this.

We were picked up at the ship in a very comfortable air co ditioned van and taken to Bangkok. On the first day we saw the palace, had a great lunch at a Thai restaurant, walked through a large food market ( had some food samples!), went on a private longboat trip across the river and into canals seeing how locals live. We then had a short van ride through Bangkok which ended at our hotel - the Holiday Inn Express at about 6pm. The hotel is new, very smart and clean, and amazingly cheap for B&B. It's right next to a metro stop and we used it to go into Pattaya (I think) to sightsee and have a meal in the evening.

Mr George picked us up at 8.30am the next morning and took us to the floating markets and we had another private canal trip. From there we then went to see the train market which is about 40 minutes outside the city. We had time to browse the shops and indoor market and watched the sellers along the train track close up their stalls about 10 seconds before the train went through, and then open it all out again within another 10 seconds! We then had a short drive through the countryside and Bangkok again before being taken back to the ship with a short stop for lunch again.

We had a brilliant 2 days and couldn't believe how much we squeezed into our short visit. Mr George and the driver were lovely and always had a supply of cold water and cool face wipes in the van. One of my party has a walking disability and they always it as easy as possible for her by parking very close to everything and making sure she had a helping hand when needed.

I'd definitely recommend both Thaitourguides and the Holiday Inn Express.

Glad to see another happy Thaitourguides customer. We also requested the floating market and train market, two unusual, and very interesting, places to visit. And our canal ride on a speeding long tail boat was thrilling and fun.

Would do these all over again if we ever go to Bangkok again.

Floating%20Market%203.jpg

Train%20Market.JPG

Edited by SantaFeFan