Horseshoe Bay Beach Excursion - my advice

We went yesterday doing the ships tour. First off, save your money. There are shuttles going to and from the beach for $7 per person. We paid double that to get on a 25 person beat up bus. I will say throughout our guide was good and spoke during the whole ride about the island and culture. On the way back he drove past the lighthouse and took a partially different route. I would suggest getting to the beach as early as possible. We had the 9 am time and met down at the dock at 8:45. Of course one couple was late and we waited 10 minutes for them before we left - probably couldn't get their rude lazy asses out of bed. We got to the beach around 9:30. It was fairly wide open but by the time we left at 12:30 it was packed. We rented chairs and an umbrella for $11 each - definitely a racket they have. The water is beautiful and the pink sand they talk about can only be noticed right by the water where you can see the tiny pieces of pink coral. There is s large rock formation when you enter the beach you can climb and get some nice photos from. Some people including my daughter were cliff jumping which looked pretty cool but of course at your own risk. She said you had to jump out to avoid the rocks. If you walk down the beach further past the next set of rock formations there are some nice secluded beaches and rock formations with cracks you could walk through and get some great pictures. I recommend at least walking down there and checking it out. If u just have towels and bags it's a great place to park away from the crowds but not to carry chairs and umbrellas. There were lifeguards on duty when we're were there possibly because there were rip currents. No lifeguards were at the secluded beaches. It was a nice time at the beach but by 12:30 you could feel the humidity increasing. Get there early if you want to rent an umbrella and chairs. They could run out. Horseshoe Bay Beach gets two thumbs up. I suggest getting there early by taking the $7 shuttle and leaving by 2 to avoid having any angst if the ship departs at 4. We do know people on the ship who did it and said there were no issues. Go to ground transportation when u get off and ask for the $7 shuttle.

Have been to Bermuda many times and have stated this many times. This is one Island that is impossible to get lost on. You purchase the bus/ferry pass for 1, 2 or 3 days. Soooooo easy to get anywhere on the Island. Just always remember to wear a cover up on their public transportation. This is a very modest Island and will turn you away if wearing just a bathing suit.

Edited by champagne123
ccccccccdddddd

We always just use the public buses to get to the Bermuda beaches. And yes, for use walk way past the crowds at the beginning of the beach and you will find secluded small beach areas like this one. We don't rent chairs or umbrellas. Only drawback for going down the beach is it's along way to the bathrooms.:D

0023b.jpg.6c43855f788b89089cf75692a920bf10.jpg

Big G thanks. I did my research but I'm always paranoid about missing the ship back. I was giving my thoughts on my experience. Too many "know it alls" on these boards.

Very sad over this statement. The so called "know it all's" are only trying to help through experience and trying to save you $$$$ and time. We have been to Bermuda 12 times. We know what we are doing and as stated in my previous post...this is the EASIEST Island to navigate ....costing minimal money. If you do not want advice from people that know how to navigate the island, then why are you asking?