Simple FLL Hotel with Shuttles?

moondoggie

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road in Hollywood, Florida. This is a basic Comfort Inn, not lavish by any means, but clean and has shuttles both from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier the next morning. They also have a free breakfast buffet the next morning, which is very nice. There is a nice pool area and a tiki bar for a light snack or dinner.

I have been very happy staying here, the staff is very nice and helpful. I know others here on the boards will have other suggestions for you as well. Hope this helps, good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Our stay at the Comfort Inn was just the opposite of doone. We stayed this last January, would never stay there again. Was not clean, people fighting outside our room at 3am, no reaction when front office was called, had to wait until they left to take their fight elsewhere.

The only good thing I can say is the breakfast was good.

I recommend the SE 17th Street area for those who don't have cars as it's less than 10 minutes from the airport, just outside the entrance to the port, and has many many restaurants, shops, grocery/drug/liquor stores within easy, safe walking distance.

AmeriSuites have shuttles to and from the airport and port... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

Holiday Inn Express has airport shuttles, but not to the port. However it's only a block and a half from the entrance to the port and a taxi to the Celebrity terminal would be less than $10... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America is another budget hotel in the area. They don't have shuttles, however it's about a $10 cab ride from the airport, and less than that into the port... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Weluvcruisin, its been a few years since I have stayed here, but when we did, our stay was fine. Sorry you didn't find it that way. I haven't booked this hotel since I discovered priceline, now I am addicted to it. Thanks for the update on the Comfort Inn. Hope they get their act together and clean it up, it was a decent, inexpensive pre or post cruise stay at one time.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn/Suites i n Dania. Nice hotel- nice staff. Good breakfast in the AM. Picked us up quickly from the airport. We did not use the shuttle to the Port (our cruise was in Miami) but we saw what they provided. A large bus and a seperate trailer for the luggage. Looked good.

Bev

Archived