HMC advice?

sgrissom

What advice can you experienced HAL-types give me to get to HMC asap? I'm waitlisted for each of the cabanas and I've booked a clamshell just in case. The only excursion that really appeals to us is the deep sea fishing, and that doesn't leave until 1pm, so it won't help us get there early to book it.

And what's not to be missed on HMC?

Thanks,

Sally

Tender tickets are given out in the order people arrive at the Lounge to pick them up. The earlier you get there, the lower the number you get. The lower the number, obviously, the earlier you will get on the tender.

Early tours and cabana people will have priority tenders......Suite pax get priority tender service.

:) Dear sgrissom,

According to our past program, we were scheduled to arrive a 8AM. "Tender service will operate all day from the ship to the island and back. An announcement will be made when the tender service would begin". "Only when you are ready and your entire party is together should you go to the location directed to pickup the tender ticket". Later you will be directed to the gangway. If you are going on a tour, check the program to see where they want you to obtain a ticket. It maybe a different location then the regular passengers are directed to. "If you have a Shore Excursion which you need to meet on the Pier, you should alot at least 30 mins for your transfer.

Even though this is HAL's private island, you will still need to take your stateroom key to swipe on and off the ship.

We have been to HAL's HMC several times in the past and have taken the Historic Nature Tour which we found to be very interesting and selected the early one so to have time to experience the rest of the activities on the island. We once wanted to take the Glass Bottom Boat, but if the water is unsettling they will cancel it.

The one interesting item that is attended by all on the island is the Island BBQ Luncheon. It is something to see. It would be wise to get there early also since all the tables in the Picnic Sheds are taken quickly. Our program stated it started 11:30AM to 2PM. There are also numerous bars in all the public areas.

Also there are shops and a type of straw market setup at the entrance of the island arch by the tender launch pier.

"If your ship is due to depart from the island at 5PM, the last tender to the ship would depart a 4:30PM.

Also, towels should not be taken from your room, you can pickup and re-deposit them at the entrance of the gangway. Try not to leave them on the island.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.

PS.. We did not experience it but there are chances the another ship may also be at HMC the same day.

Keep on cruisin.....

We were waitlisted for a cabana in march '04 and got one (went down to the excursion desk the first day to cancel another excursion and got a nice surprise!), priority tendering comes with the cabana. If you get one you won't want to leave it all day LOL. The attendant will bring you lunch from the BBQ and a cooler with drinks, snorkeling equipment, rafts were there waiting for us when we arrived at about 10 am. We had the terra cotta cabana all the way at the end and loved it, very private and almost no one at our end of the beach.

Divide and conquer! I didn't want to miss my morning chow time, but I did want to get to that beautiful beach ASAP. DH went to the lounge to pick up tender tickets as soon as they were announced as being ready, and I finished stuffing my face instead of waiting in line to pick up the ticket. Then we headed right down to the tenders when they called our number.

Archived