Booking dining, entertainment at 90 days- Getaway

Hi all-

We are sailing on the Getaway on October 31st and we have the UDP (the original) and I was able to book dining yesterday- but the only dining options were Cagney's, Teppenyaki, La Cucina, Le Bistro, and Moderno.. no sign of Ocean Blue or any of the actual up charge restaurants and the entertainment was not available to book...

Has anyone had any experience as to when this will become available? Just want to get an idea as to what people's experiences have been. We are not in the Haven, so that's why we didn't book dining at 100 days out.

Thanks!!

I'm on the Oct 29 Escape and have the same issue.

I called and NCL and many of the options not available online are available to book via them. They are aware of the issue but I was given no time frame on when it would be fixed. I booked a few shows that I would be mad I missed but figured I'll do the bulk of my dining after when its online and I can visualize my schedule. But most (if not all) I asked on phone was available to book.

I called and NCL and many of the options not available online are available to book via them. They are aware of the issue but I was given no time frame on when it would be fixed. I booked a few shows that I would be mad I missed but figured I'll do the bulk of my dining after when its online and I can visualize my schedule. But most (if not all) I asked on phone was available to book.

I didn't even think to call them to book entertainment or dining- I know to cancel I have to call them which makes me a bit peeved because in this day and age, everything should be available to do online, specially they let you BOOK online. I will try to call NCL tonight and see about booking entertainment with them- I don't want to book the whole vacation, but like you, I want to book things that I would be upset if I missed.

Good thought!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I too am on your cruise. Called NCL a few times and they are not sure why the shows have yet to appear on the web site. I asked if the problem may be that this ship is normally a 7 nt. cruise and that this being a 12 nt. cruise may have caused an issue as they now have to deal with 5 extra nights. They felt that was logical. Their advice was to keep checking. Someone posted a reply to the same question I posted and their response was dining was 90 days out and shows were 45 days out. I am going on daily as I had a similar experience on RCL Allure and one day it just appeared. Good Luck. Alan

Someone posted a reply to the same question I posted and their response was dining was 90 days out and shows were 45 days out.
That's not true at all. They are both supposed to be 90 days. With this being a 12 night cruise, it makes perfect sense that they have to figure out the schedule of shows. None of these shows takes place every night of the cruise, since 2 of them share the same theater. Edited by LrgPizza

We are just about at our 90 day Mark for an 8 person family cruise. For dinner, if I log in, will I be able to book 8 people for dinner even though my cabin has only 3? And what will happen being that kids do not have SDP but adults do- will I have to pay for kids now? One kid will eat a hot dog every night so he should wind up being no charge. Also, can I book Le Bistro as our Platinum dinner in advance ( without paying OOO now)? Finally, should I be able to reserve main dining for 8 people now too?

We are just about at our 90 day Mark for an 8 person family cruise. For dinner, if I log in, will I be able to book 8 people for dinner even though my cabin has only 3? And what will happen being that kids do not have SDP but adults do- will I have to pay for kids now? One kid will eat a hot dog every night so he should wind up being no charge. Also, can I book Le Bistro as our Platinum dinner in advance ( without paying OOO now)? Finally, should I be able to reserve main dining for 8 people now too?

As long as whomever is booking has UDP or SDP, they can make the reservation for a party of 8 with no charge. The reservation system doesn't ask or care who the 8 people will be. It has nothing to do with how many people are in the room.

So as long as I have SDP even if it's only me, I can book for 8 with no charge now? I guess that means I can technically book the Le Bistro now even though we'll use platinum certificates? And just work out how to pay when we dine there?

Meow about free venues? Can you book for 8 at 90 days out? Anything or only before 6 and after 9pm?

So as long as I have SDP even if it's only me, I can book for 8 with no charge now? I guess that means I can technically book the Le Bistro now even though we'll use platinum certificates? And just work out how to pay when we dine there?

Meow about free venues? Can you book for 8 at 90 days out? Anything or only before 6 and after 9pm?

I don't know anything about platinum certificates. I know you can book whatever appears as available to book. If the MDRs appear available to book, then it works the same way.

That is a great idea, just one question;

If you booked directly with NCL over the phone, how did you know what shows were available each day (night), if you could not see it online?

We are sailing at Thanksgiving and do not have a copy of the fall 2015 NYC/FL/Bahamas dailies to use as a reference.

Entertainment and Ocean Blue just came up online For the Halloween sailing. Only 2 dates for Burn the Floor on a 12 day sailing. The 1st and 10th at 10 pm. I took the 1st.

when does Ocean Blue go away?

when does Ocean Blue go away?

IT says one the reservation page

"The per person price is $39.95 for sailings before 10/3/15. After this date, items on the menu will be individually priced and the charges will be incurred on board."

I booked it for the last night just in case the new menu is really good. The old menu didnt really impress me.

Edited by Tinyturtle22