TrentS or Bequia

canuckof5

We have the Embassy booked in FLL....but have another copuple that can't get a room ..they have picked Holiday Inn/Airport..and want us to change..

I have read good and bad about the Holiday Inn/Airport..I know TrentS your not a fan of airport Hotels..

But we have 3 kids and us..and they just have themselves..all of us fly out of FLL also..

So any thoughts on that holiday inn?

Thanks so much for all your help

The Embassy Suites is a great property, its a shame they cannot get a room. But when your traveling with friends it really puts a damper on the trip if your apart in differant hotels.

Last year I had some friends in town for the air sea show. They stayed at the Holiday Inn Airport and loved it. We had them watch the show with us from our balcony at Marriotts Beach Place and they would return to their hotel at the end of the day. On the last day of the show we went back to their hotel to have dinner. I found it to be a nice property, clean, in a relatively safe neighborhood.

The pool was quite nice, they managed to make a decent Mojito. Dinner was just fine as well at the hotel restaurant.

If it were up to me, to be with my friends, I'd give up the Embassy Suites and stay at the Holiday Inn. ;)

* we are talking about the Holiday Inn on Sheridan Street, not SR 84 right?

OK, the thing is I think its b/c its $ 68.00 a night cheaper..plus they have a 7:40 am flight..

So if we move and I looked and yes it is much cheaper...but not sure how we will have 3 kids and us in a room at least at the Embassy we all get a bed..Unless some of the rooms have queens and a sofa bed but I couldn't see that....do they have sofa bed for third kid???

I dunno...hate not to keep the peace but we have 3 kids and us..to get some sleep..not them saving a buck..so not sure what to do..

I have read the latest reviews for both and so far the Holiday Inn

2905 SHERIDAN STREET is better for the reviews..we are paying $168.00 a night..so yeah the savings would be quite allot...

sigh!!!:( HELP....what would you do?? Is the Embassy worth the extra??

Well the Holiday Inn on Sheridan is a very nice new Holiday Inn, but even though it calls itself an airport hotel, it's actually farther from the airport than the Embassy Suites, and the rest of the SE 17th Street hotels. It's also rather isolated, and a little removed from the action. If you don't have a car I don't really recommend it as you're going to need taxis for everything. The only restaurant close is a Denny's.

With 3 kids I would definitely want to keep the Embassy Suites reservation! Not only are the rooms true 2 room suites, but Embassy Suites is within easy walking distance of so many different restaurants & shops, and the Water Taxi as well.

If they want a less expensive place I would keep the Embassy Suites reservation and recommend one of the other, less expensive SE 17th Street hotels for them. There are 3 "budget" hotels all within easy walking distance of Embassy Suites, so you can easily meet up.

Suggest these to them...

Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

Good for you....its a great property. Close to anything you might need. Perhaps your friends will change their tune if a room for them opens up. ;)

LOL...we'll I told them I'm staying put..and its funny when I checked online it showed me a room..its all about the more money..which is ok..I can understand that..but I'm not moving so they can pay less and we have less room..

Plus its the wife who we are not close with who is making the demands...

so I'm not worring about it...;) ;)

I know you said the web site shows rooms, but its all about the money with them, maybe in time they'll change their minds once they realize you won't change your hotel.

Thanks doone..I don't think they will...

see we are coming back from a Cruise and they are some what there for business...which they don't pay for..they pay for it and then get it back..

Me, I'd be booking in a VERY nice Hotel if it were me and my dh..if we didn't have to pay for it..:p

I said we could meet up for supper..lol..

no response so far..

Archived