HURRICANE RITA Public Advisory

Boo's Mom

I was booked on the ...Rhapsody, and I live in Houston. First I was upset because we were missing the ...cruise on Sunday. Now I just hope we make it through this thing alive. There is no way to get out of town, the freeways are bumper to bumper, stop and go, mostly stop. People have been on the road for 8 hours and only traveled about 5 miles. They are running out of gas, and not many stations have gas left. It doesn't look good. Anyway, I was able to cancel the cruise, and should get a letter of credit for sometime after the hurricane season. Wish us luck.

Y'all hunker down, and we'll be praying for you.

We are looking a lot better...Moving much farther East at this point..And forecast to hit as only a Cat 3 (yes,ONLY a three )...

Hope all my Texas buddies are safe..

I hope the same for you. DH and kids left yesterday for Ft. Hood. A normally 3 hour drive took about 6 hours. I am sitting here in an empty house watching the news. I feel bad for getting excited that it is heading to the East. Those poor people in the Lake Charles area. Hope they have evacuated as well. I am trying to figure out when to leave for work tomorrow. I work for Hermann Southwest in the ER and we are on a madatory disaster plan which means that we have to either work during the hurricane or after to relieve the people from the first shifts. Am planning for a weekend at the hospital. Just heard from work and they say to get there ASAP. Guess I should leave soon. Who knows how long it will take to drive the 20 miles to the hospital. Take care everyone in the Houston area. I will post updates from the hospital over the weekend when I can. God bless.

I only hope that the people of Texas are ready if they decide to stay. I was watching the Today Show this morning as they were evcauating the Childrens Hospitals. It was so sad. Those premies having to leave and thank god some of the nurses went with them. It just hurts my heart to see all of this happenig and so many people are not heading the warnings.

God bless all and I hope you all fair well.

deborahjo: Well, I've been too busy working to not see what y'all are seeing, but if you saw the traffic of those trying to leave, you would know that most of the Texas coast is trying to get away to safety. I work at a hospital, so I am there, but there are others trying to get out. We have heeded warnings and are probably more frightened based on recent events.

Thank you for your blessings.

Jen

Archived