Belongings on the beach

Jackie55

Ladies what do you do with your belongings. Passport, credit cards, money etc when you are at the beach? Also when shopping after the beach, do the shop owners have a problem with you coming in with your bathing suit/ cover up on?

I wear a sun dress as a coverup. Last year I bought SGM Waterproof Pouch with Waist Strap for Beach/fishing/hiking - Protects Phones, Camera, Cash, Documents From Water, Sand, Dust and Dirt from Amazon only $10.00 + free shipping

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I030EC8/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_3

I lined the pouch inside with wrapping paper so you could not see through the pouch.

It worked great for me in the ocean and when snorkeling & shopping hands free.

781364387_waterproofpouchfromamazon.jpg.47f271af37fc4c3e5abc1a98dc9ed75a.jpg

DH wears a waterproof waist pack. We have had it forever. We bought it for our honey moon 18 years ago! It is just big enough to carry the necessities...the things that would be a real PITA to lose. For "normal" travel, cell phone, wallet, car keys. It also works well for cruise travel.

I don't worry too much about cover-ups and other beach accessories...

We purchased the waterproof bag at REI.

I bought an Aqua Vault from Amazon and lock our stuff in their and put it around something that doesn't move. We never take our passports off the ship - only once in Dubrovnik because we had to. Only take our driver's license.

We take our Vacation Vault.

Google it. Just the right size, safe and we've used it before on excursions - locked it once to the leg support on a boat while we were in the water snorkeling. Easy to pack - I stick socks in my so it takes up no space. In the cabin I often put my jewelry in there, lock around the hanging bar and hang a shirt over - undetectable as opposed to your safe. A million uses. We love ours.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vacation-Vault-Portable-Lightweight-Travel-Safe-with-Three-Dial-Combination-Lock-Green-VV-GREEN/202512248

Edited by Jane2357

I use to worry amount my stuff when I went into the water . I didn't like to just leave my bag unattended. I bought and love the KYSS bag I bought , it locked to a chair or tree or whatever . Look it up.

Because of your recommendation I went onto the KYSS website and was very impressed with the bag design, fabric choices, embroidery design choices and monogram font styles available...and you can't beat the price for what you get. I just received my new KYSS bag yesterday and I LOVE it..!! It is made with the best materials and workmanship. This tote bag will be very useful on my upcoming cruise...Thanks for the recommendation..!!

• 3 weeks later...

We take a backpack with a small padlock and thin bicycle security cable on beach days, and lock the locked backpack to our lounge chair. The only problem we've encountered is shipmates asking us to lock their wallets in our backpack :)