How Does the Captains' Rotation Work?

JanBubbles

Captains rotation or relief? I have been told that a captain will stay with a ship for a period of 2 years before being rotated to another ship. The captains normal work span is 3 months on and 3 months off. Other officers have different contracts and time spans. Cabin stewards and waiters and others work a contract as long as 9 months on, a period of time off, and then on to the next 9 month contract.

Rick

I wondered the same thing. I have heard that captains are on for 17 weeks (or 3 1/2 months) then off for the same amount of time. I would like to sail again with the same crew as the last time, but don't know how to find out either. I also wonder how often do captains change ships or do they? I'm kinda new at this, too!

I think for privacy and security reasons, we'll never find out personal info about the captains. They have to be protected from their groupies! I do wish RCI simply posted in their brochure who the captain was for a particular date, just like they list the other ship specs.

Hmmmm.....captain's groupie!! Is that job open? Captain Loekling is a cutie-pie and he told us that he was single. All the girls in our group had a major crush on him!! We definitely want to sail with him again. Wonder when he's back on the Sovereign?

Archived