Balconies

atm55

It is true that some of the ships do not have balconies. For example, we sailed on the Imagination, it had ocean views and suites (which did have balconies) but no designated balcony cabins. Other ships that I believe do not have balconies are the Inspiration, Elation, Fantasy and Fascination. I also believe they are all older and smaller ships.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Regardless of which ship you ultimately decide to sail on I'm sure you'll have a good time, balcony or no.

It is true that some of the ships do not have balconies. For example, we sailed on the Imagination, it had ocean views and suites (which did have balconies) but no designated balcony cabins. Other ships that I believe do not have balconies are the Inspiration, Elation, Fantasy and Fascination. I also believe they are all older and smaller ships.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Regardless of which ship you ultimately decide to sail on I'm sure you'll have a good time, balcony or no.

Don't think the Elation has added balconies.

When the Fantasy class was designed it was right before everybody had to have a balcony. The suites do have balconies. Carnival has since added balconies to some (4?) of these ships.

I sail on the smaller/older ships frequently (they are cheap and close to home) and just get an OV room, since the balcony rooms are actually the suites and I don't want to pay for those on a short cruise. I see that some of these ships cruise the Caribbean and I wouldn't choose one for that. When I spring for a nice 7 day Caribbean cruise, I like to be on a newer, bigger ship with a balcony. That's just me.