Epic November, Advice Required!

scottie99

We have booked our first cruise on Epic, 1 November out of Barcelona ( have cruised 5 times with NCL and many times on other lines).

We are a party of 3 couples and are thinking of buying a 5 nights UDP, is there any advantage in doing this prior to boarding? Do we need to book dining in speciality venues in advance? If so because we are keen to see shows, comedy club acts etc, what would be the best time to book?

Do we need to book shows in advance?

Also, if we do require to make bookings for the above, is there a simple way of coordinating the booking for the 6 of us, as all 3 couples booked the cruise separately.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a UK booking.

Check the rate you get buying in advance, often it will be better than the current forex rate(not always).

(go to MyNCL and add to basket it should be a £ rate with grats included)

Also look at the gifts and check OBC again you may get more $ than at home and you can use a CC to get points.

prepay grats is the same often cheaper paying in £. before you go.

For speciality typicaly in Europe it is not that hard to get reservations on board, eating early is usualy open even on the day, that gives the evening for the entertainment if that is your priority.

If you have a UK booking.

Check the rate you get buying in advance, often it will be better than the current forex rate(not always).

(go to MyNCL and add to basket it should be a £ rate with grats included)

Also look at the gifts and check OBC again you may get more $ than at home and you can use a CC to get points.

prepay grats is the same often cheaper paying in £. before you go.

For speciality typicaly in Europe it is not that hard to get reservations on board, eating early is usualy open even on the day, that gives the evening for the entertainment if that is your priority.

Inside Cabin,

Taking your advice, (For UK booking) I added 5 night package which showed up at approx £62pp which was about £5pp cheaper than official exchange rate. However in the FAQ section, it says 18% gratuity is still to be added ?

Would you happen to know if this addition applies to UK bookings?

Thanks again

Buy the UDP onboard and you pay an additional 10% VAT. No VAT if you pre-purchase. Cant you get it free as part of your booking?

Got drinks package included and the online TA charged us less than half NCL quoted!

Ah OK. Free drinks is better value for the freebie if you like a dram or two. Booking thru NCL UK also means you don't pay the 18% grats on the drinks package.

Im surprised online TA charged less than half NCL quoted......the prices are usually identical, but the TAs often throw in something out of their commission e.g. some OBC or free parking or similar.

Ah OK. Free drinks is better value for the freebie if you like a dram or two. Booking thru NCL UK also means you don't pay the 18% grats on the drinks package.

Im surprised online TA charged less than half NCL quoted......the prices are usually identical, but the TAs often throw in something out of their commission e.g. some OBC or free parking or similar.

I was amazed at the offer we were emailed. I then called NCL who said they could not match it. I paid my deposit by credit card ( for protection tbh!) but my reservation appeared in MY NCL a short while later!

The drinks offer included the 18% grat. We only had to book flight to Barcelona

I don't think I am allowed to name it but initials are 'VV',

I was amazed at the offer we were emailed. I then called NCL who said they could not match it. I paid my deposit by credit card ( for protection tbh!) but my reservation appeared in MY NCL a short while later!

VV are very good. We booked our Nov 29th Epic cruise in Feb and got UBP and UDP, an aft balcony, could chose, for £610 pp and $50 OBC. Had to pay for flights, but a very good deal.

What date was the email? I can look up my archive.

There have been some good deals out there.

whenever I check on their prices they are often about the same as the cruiseline.

I try to check UK,US and EU prices they differ in which is best value over time.

Edited by insidecabin

What date was the email? I can look up my archive.

There have been some good deals out there.

whenever I check on their prices they are often about the same as the cruiseline.

I try to check UK,US and EU prices they differ in which is best value over time.

We booked on 7 July. We were offered guarantee balconies at £399, guarantee mini suites at £499 but selected a named mini spa suit at 579 inc drinks.

The only Epic cruise VV are showing now Oct-Dec is 29 Nov. And yes, its a lot less than NCL UK price. But its still a lot more than those winter Canary cruises sell for a couple of weeks before sailing......and they've got a ship twice the size of Spirit to fill.

Really thick here but, can you give me another clue?

Is it a UK site?

You need to get on all the email lists of as many TAs as you can.

Quite a few get cabin dumps at good prices at different times.

Nov/Dec/Jan are the dates to watch for epic.

They have similar No. of berths this year with Epic as last winter was with Spirit & Jade, if anything an easier sell as they mix Med/Canaries.

having said that I don't think we will see 10n for £400 with UBP and UDP like we did this Jan(+£100 BA flight+transfers),