Celebrity Infinity Dec. 5, 2015

bobnjeff

Jenna - I think the idea of beads is a good one. I wonder if only just a few of us are wearing beads would be sufficient for others to locate the group. I can't tell you how many "official" cruise line FOD (now LGBT) listed mixers I've gone down to at the advertised time only to find no one (at the Martini Bar, Cellar Masters or wherever). Probably not going to be a problem on this cruise though. Still it would be nice to have a way to easily spot the group since we blend in so well these days :). I'm leaving my rainbow caftan at home. That's a joke. I definitely DO NOT have a rainbow caftan.

Paul

I always go to the meets. And yes, sometimes only a few and other times 50. I go.

I am easy to spot. I am the one walking around with my shades on till I see the moon and my floppy hat pulled way down. Sort of like I am a CIA or MI6 spy. :D

Bryan

IT'S THE NOO YAWK 'TUDE. :eek:

As for Mr. Right.............He no walks among us. :(

Bryan

I'm sorry Bryan, maybe Mr. Next Right? Lightning can strike twice! :)

As far as Beads and gatherings go, there are a few gatherings co-mingles here:

1. First day sail-a-way which generally includes everyone on the roll call (not just this LGBT group) and is usually somewhere on an outside bar, like the Sunset bar or the new Rooftop terrace which is scheduled to open the day we board. This one is sometimes hard to know who is part of cruise critic and who isn't

2. The Cruise line hosted official meet and mingle party is usually in an enclosed/closed venue and easy to find and hosted by cruise line staff

3. The LGBT events that usually start on the second day onboard and Celebrity usually lists the Martini bar as the place, though those on this group want to move it. That may cause some confusion for people not on this group. As has been stated previosly, this event is sometimes never found and sometimes larger with many there. Depends often on how many are onboard, how well it is advertised, as well as where and when it takes place. Not sure we'll need beads for this one.

So, which one of the board (I suspect 1 and 2 are co-mingled) are we talking about?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Well, if I go by the number of days and hours until we board...

Welcome pwhinson!

I am so glad to see the uptick in activity on this thread.

Look forward to meeting everyone on board. The Rooftop terrace sounds like a good place to meet, assuming it is open.

I agree with everyone regarding the reviews...often a cruise is what you make of it...I do admit some have been more challenging than others though.

Looking forward to meeting all of you in person!

Don (& Greg)

Hi All and Welcome Paul and Daniel ....Happy 30th! Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been watching You tube videos leaning how to cook all the Thanksgiving dishes. Thank god it all worked out :) .... I really love my entire extended family but, after hosting all go them for 3 days I am ready for this trip! I am traveling single ( I am one of those weird people that like traveling alone) and booked a good number of nights in the two specialty restaurants. I thought that would be better then sitting with a table of people I did not know (can be risky ..lol). Who knew we would have have what looks to be such a good group on trip. Now ... my interest is piqued, I have to go read all the negative comments on the other list. The ones I read earlier have been a little over blown in my humble opinion :) I think people run the risk of getting "grumpy" when you get older if you don't watch out for it. See you all in just a few days!!!

Jeff,

Glad you made it through the YouTube Turkey day :)

Ours was better than expected, Dee cooked, but we had her grandchildren (and children) over. The grandkids include 7 year old trips (identical boys) and their 5 year old brother. Quite the handful!

We're all packed. Finish up last minute odds and ends tomorrow, and head to Portland (Maine) to get our nails done and have a nice dinner before early to bed, early to rise for flights on Monday.

Safe travels all, we're ready!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm not on this cruise, but have been lurking as my husband and I did this same cruise two years ago. You guys will have an amazing time! There were about 20 LGBT members on our voyage who met every night at the Martini Bar and the Constellation Lounge. We did the 3-day excursion to Machu Picchu from the ship in Lima, rejoining the ship in Arica - it was spectacular. I'm sure the Infinity looks amazing after the drydock. Have an amazing time!!

Michael

I'm not on this cruise, but have been lurking as my husband and I did this same cruise two years ago. You guys will have an amazing time! There were about 20 LGBT members on our voyage who met every night at the Martini Bar and the Constellation Lounge. We did the 3-day excursion to Machu Picchu from the ship in Lima, rejoining the ship in Arica - it was spectacular. I'm sure the Infinity looks amazing after the drydock. Have an amazing time!!

Michael

I would love to see Machu Picchu but, my check book did not agree with me :)

To all others going on this trip, is there a time we decided to meet up in the lounge to put faces with names? If not, then just look for the guy wearing Carhartt t-****s in Jenna and Dee's honor working in the coffee bar :)

I got an amazing pair of noise cancelling headphones for an unbelievable deal on Black Friday! Got one for myself and another one for Brian. So happy. : )

Here is a picture of Brian (left) and I (right) at Waitakere Ranges. If you see us, feel free to join us and introduce yourself!

Thom

Edited by tjunmin

I would love to see Machu Picchu but, my check book did not agree with me :)

To all others going on this trip, is there a time we decided to meet up in the lounge to put faces with names? If not, then just look for the guy wearing Carhartt t-****s in Jenna and Dee's honor working in the coffee bar :)

I was in a dress today, bottoms up, working on my boat :( (AC not working), the Marina manager felt bad, as it was partly their fault. No carhartts on this trip for me, yeah!

See you soon!!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I was in a dress today, bottoms up, working on my boat :( (AC not working), the Marina manager felt bad, as it was partly their fault. No carhartts on this trip for me, yeah!

See you soon!!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Does this mean I need to wear a dress in your honor?? If it is OK with you, I am staying with a Carhartt t-**** :)

Daniel and I arrived in Ft Lauderdale yesterday with no flight delays and so far no rain where we are. We should be on board early...taking an 11am shuttle to the cruise port. Hopefully they'll let us board by around noon even if we can't get into our cabins until a bit later. Refresh me memory...sail away group in cellar masters for this group or are we winging it? If it's as cloudy and threatening to rain as the forecast indicates it may be just as well not to be outside. Looking forward to (eventually) meeting everyone. One footnote: I some how forgot to pack my noise cancelling headphones even after the few posts about them in this thread. That will be a bitch for our 10 hour flight back from Peru on the 29th...but hey that's almost a month away and I'm on VACATION!!! Woo-hoooo...

We decided to take an early shuttle to the pier. We are at the head of the line for checking in. They informed us they plan to start checking in around 10:00-10:30. As per Jenna's comment, apparently we are winging the sail away. The first official GLBT meet will be tomorrow evening. Have a great day to everyone and see you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We decided to take an early shuttle to the pier. We are at the head of the line for checking in. They informed us they plan to start checking in around 10:00-10:30. As per Jenna's comment, apparently we are winging the sail away. The first official GLBT meet will be tomorrow evening. Have a great day to everyone and see you soon!

They usually start boarding by 11a so you should be all set. Bummer about the headphones.

I'm thinking sails way on the rooftop terrace with the "full" roll callweather permitting and meeting in cellar masters starting tomorrow but chime up if I'm wrong.

See you all onboard.

Bon voyage!!

Jenna

Check in started at 10:00 AM as originally announced. Waiting to board now. : )

We're now Waiting too, usually they're boarding by 11am. Oh well, nothing will dampen my day :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

If anyone's tired of waiting with all the crowds on 4 and 5, the constellation lounge is roomy with beautiful views of the Harbour. We've been enjoying it with only 6 other folks for the past hour. The bar is open. I think the Elite lounge will be up here presumably beginning at 4 for any of you elites who are not suites guests. Enjoy! Beautiful relaxing and quiet up here as we await stateroom access.