Vaccines necessary for FP

OPSnorkeler

I have never had any kind of special immunization for FP. There is Dengue Fever, which is mosquito-born, but no shot available--you just have to try not to get bitten (and it's rare). We've had Hep A/B for travel to other more exotic locales, not a bad idea in general, but not necessary.

Generally concur with the previous posts, but in addition to tetanus and Hep A/B immunizations, we choose to keep our typhoid immunization up to date as well.

Unfortunately, Chikungunya (like dengue) is another mosquito-born disease now occurring in FP -- a further reason to do whatever you can to reduce the risk of mosquito bites.

John

I checked my bottle that was prescribed by my doctor and it's an antihistamine.

I have a friend who recommends taking one while on the plane due to the dry air on the plane.

The last time I was sick (the reunion cruise) I think I was overly tired. I had been back east for a week due to a conference and then flew home and 2 days later flew to Tahiti. The ship's crew really took care of me!!! Very concerned and very helpful while I was in bed. The ship's dr also prescribed the same for me.

Hi Carol,

This is Chiara (emdee's daughter).

I am not sure if this will help you but Aesop makes a ginger flight therapy roll on which is supposed to help travelers fight sickness and help you have a good sleep on the plane.