Cruising from New York in January .

Trixie21

OP

You said you are from the UK. Unless you plan to visit NYC as part of your trip, fly to Florida or San Juan for your cruise.

Sailing from the NY metro is fantastic if you can drive to the port. We do it a lot to avoid flying & worrying about getting to the AP, luggage weight, etc. I'm happy to ease into & out of my vacation when you are trapped inside the 1st & last days. On the last day most of the time I do work. It's nice to not have to waste an hour of sun packing.

If you can't drive to one of these ports & have no reason to want to make NYC part of your vacation, don't bother.

Coming from London I would want the warmth to start immediately.

We sailed on the Quantum this past Feb. 2015. Love the ship . 10 days. Would I ever do it again NO Way. It would have to be in the spring, summer or fall.

It was cold , snow storms, going out and coming back. We were not even sure we were going to get out of the airport due to all the snow to come home.

I felt we lost 4 days to enjoy the ship completely. I am from Ohio and each year we leave in Feb. and go to Fla. And enjoy the extra day in FLa. as well.

so I can say we really lost 5 days fun in the sun. It is always cross our fingers

we get out of Detroit as it is with the weather.

What really got me mad is when we got off the ship it was raining and snowing. No shelter for any of us to stand under to get a taxi or ride to the

airport. The guards their told us we couldn't come back in and get out of the

way so the rest of the people could do the same. It was like RC got our money and the trip is over so leave one way or another. Yet on the way in they fell all over us to help every one.

We could take the lousy weather but a lot of the older people were in wheel chairs and some in their 80s and 90s that I felt sorry for.

No more N.J. for us. Back to warm weather from day one. to FLa.

w