Pricing Is Carnival less expensive?

cincicruisers

I have wanted to take a cruise with Carnival based on the reviews and from what I was told lower prices than RCCL.

I have priced three different cruises for each line and Carnval is not cheaper unless I am doing something wrong (which certainly is a possibility). I was hoping to see lower pricing. Can someone let me know if I am doing something wrong?

I am looking to travel on a newer ship that has the 2.0 upgrades. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the info for one cruise

Carnival Conquest

8 day eastern (did not see any 9 day sailings)

Grand Turk, Domincan, Curaçao, Aruba

lowest price balcony-Lido deck

Pricing for cruise, port fees, and taxes $2,735/per day/$342

RCCL Navigator of Seas

9 day southern

Labadee, Curaçao, Aruba, Bonaire

Highest level balcony D1

Pricing for cruise, port fees, and taxes $2,560/per day/$284

~I have this booked, prices are slightly higher today than when I booked.

I just saw, 2,483 on the fare viewer... I am assuming you did two guests?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2483 is still $310 per day which is more than RC.

Yes, two guests

I just went to carnival page and searched for cruise again. It Is still coming up 2735. I did select the Lido deck which is slightly higher. I did not select anything else.

:(

It's more than likely your dates, the Carnival cruise is in March and prices are higher on all lines due to school breaks. Usually by April, the Royal cruise date, they're all done and prices drop again until summer/Memorial day.

Edited by aztekpm

2580 on the Navigator with a D3.. Since you are a regular Royal cruiser, was that a crown and anchor society rate your getting on the D1 room maybe?

I did not include in my quotes the $225 discount from C&A since that is not something I,have available with Carnival.

The cabin 9656 is a D1 deck 9.

Sorry for all the questions, I am confused and the website is not helping me.

Around $300 per day? No way! I've always sailed at or under $100 per day for a balcony cabin (many different types), and that includes all of the cruise lines. You can see my dates/cruise lines in my signature, though, and I do not travel when school is out. We did a Hawaii sailing over Christmas and New Years one time and with the 600+ kids on board decided to not do that again.

You'll find rates much lower when school is in session.

Cheers,

Taters

I was sincerely looking for help to book a cruise. I was hopeful that I would not get flamed but it looks like it's going that way.

The RC was less expensive when I booked last month..I mentioned that in my first post. The pricing comparison did not include C&A discount.

I am flexible on travel dates for February - April 2017.

Thanks to those trying to offer assistance.

I reprised for April 29th and it's still 2585/323

Still confused

A southern Caribbean itinerary like what your looking for, is hard to find a good deal on, it seems unfortunately. There is an April 28 sailing on the sunshine going to Grand Turk, Aruba and Bonare for 2198...

You're not comparing apples to apples date-wise. Carnival isn't ALWAYS the cheapest option around but it usually is. If you're flexible on dates, then it looks like the Navigator is a better deal for you. Enjoy your cruise! :)

I see your new to CC. After some time as a member I hope you will learn that posting sarcastic messages does nothing but cause folks to get their feathers ruffled. Happy Sailing

Around $300 per day? No way! I've always sailed at or under $100 per day for a balcony cabin (many different types), and that includes all of the cruise lines. You can see my dates/cruise lines in my signature, though, and I do not travel when school is out. We did a Hawaii sailing over Christmas and New Years one time and with the 600+ kids on board decided to not do that again.

You'll find rates much lower when school is in session.

Cheers,

Taters

I am not finding cruises for 100 day for a balcony. Can you give me the dates/ships so I can take a look? I want to be 8 day preferred(7 day ok) Southern or Eastern. Ship with 2.0 updates.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by cincicruisers

OK I have been messing around on the Website. If I try and look for a 6-7 day cruise the pricing is better. I can book B2B on a short cruise and it comes up less than the 8 day Southern. It is still a lot higher on the Southern route.

If I can't get the southern then I will look for a cruise that has half moon cay. I love the private islands for a beach day.

Thanks for helping

I think no matter what line you go with, southern itineraries are all going to be at a premium, because they aren't going there every week or every other week out of a departure port like Miami or Ft Lauderdale, normally they at once a month.. So the lines all have less overall capacity on those particular itineraries, allowing them to charge more.. I also have noticed in the last year or so, Carnival ditching the rotating 7 day itineraries for alternating 6 and 8 day... I am not quite sure what that noise is about...