Baggage Trolleys at EWR to P4

sha1955

OK

I am sure this info is here somewhere but hope for an answer.

We arrive into EWR terminal A and we are staying at Country Inns, so will pick up the shuttle from P4

If we get a trolley in baggage reclaim ( I believe about 5$) can we wheel this direct to the shuttle at P4, in effect, can the trolley go on the monorail from A to P4

Also, are there lifts ( sorry elevators, we are from UK!) to take us and the trolley on our journey from A to P4

If not we will need a cab instead of the free shuttle.

Any help appreciated.

:confused:

OK

I am sure this info is here somewhere but hope for an answer.

We arrive into EWR terminal A and we are staying at Country Inns, so will pick up the shuttle from P4

If we get a trolley in baggage reclaim ( I believe about 5$) can we wheel this direct to the shuttle at P4, in effect, can the trolley go on the monorail from A to P4

Also, are there lifts ( sorry elevators, we are from UK!) to take us and the trolley on our journey from A to P4

If not we will need a cab instead of the free shuttle.

Any help appreciated.

:confused:

Yes there are lifts/elevators from baggage claim on the lower level up to the Airtrain on the uppermost level.

Carol as you may recall, we will be flying into Newark on Oct 16th at 5:30, would it be faster for us to take the train or whatever from EWR to the Newark Path then a Cab to our Hotel ( Hampton Suites 123 Springs St ). The Hotel will pick us up at the Airport when we get in once we call them.

Gay

Carol as you may recall, we will be flying into Newark on Oct 16th at 5:30, would it be faster for us to take the train or whatever from EWR to the Newark Path then a Cab to our Hotel ( Hampton Suites 123 Springs St ). The Hotel will pick us up at the Airport when we get in once we call them.

Gay

The hotel will pick you up at the P4 Airtrain Station. You would do the same as the OP is planning to do - take the escalator or elevator from baggage claim up to the Airtrain Station and ride to P4. NJ Transit train and PATH are not involved in getting from the airport to your hotel. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/AirTrain-Map.pdf

Sorry guys, am I missing something here?

I am asking if trolleys/ carts can go on the airtrain within EWR from A to P4 to pick up the hotel shuttle.

I now seem to be finding out about somebody else's problem unrelated to mine.:mad:

Can anybody help a poor old English woman?

Sha, Carol here is the best to answer questions about Newark & NYC Travels. She may have missed the first part of your question, she should get back to you on this.:). We are traveling through Newark ourselves in Oct. I did find this for you. Airport luggage carts are allowed on AirTrain, but are not permitted on escalators. Bicycles (There are no time ...

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Sorry guys, am I missing something here?

I am asking if trolleys/ carts can go on the airtrain within EWR from A to P4 to pick up the hotel shuttle.

I now seem to be finding out about somebody else's problem unrelated to mine.:mad:

Can anybody help a poor old English woman?

Be patient. I can't answer your question for sure because I haven't flown through Newark in a long time. There are folks out there with recent experience, but they may not see your post for a while.

This is what the rules say:

Smarte Cartes (They can be picked up and dropped off at the airline terminals. They will not be allowed through the fare gates at the AirTrain Newark stations. You may take Smarte Cartes into the parking lots.)

Airport luggage carts are allowed on AirTrain, but are not permitted on escalators.

I interpret this to mean that the Smarte Cartes can be taken onto Airtrain up to the fare gates, which refers to the point at the Newark Airport train station stop where you buy a NJ Transit or Amtrak ticket and go through the fare gates. This is NOT the P4 station where you pick up the hotel shuttles.

Edited by 138east