Summit August 16-23 ship review

mustang2themax

Our group of 7 drove 5 hrs to sail out of Bayonne on our first Celebrity cruise. We had high expectations as we have cruised many times on other ships.

First of all it was the most hassle free vacation we've ever experienced. No airports a big plus. The port and embarkation were extremely efficient, they were there as our luggage was unloaded, no lugging it through long lines.

One of the tHings we noticed was the Captains availability during the entire cruise. The other officers made impromptu visits to the tables etc. their interaction made you feel at "home."

The food was very good, no mystery dishes. The early seating dining always provided a selection for everyone. Time element 2 hrs or under.

The pools were crowded and saving chairs the worst we ever saw (us Americans!) other cruises we were on had more of an international clientele. The Pool Patrol had a talk with me personally within hours of boarding because one leg of the chair I was using was on the red walking track that runs thru the sun lounge area. Every day after that most chairs were way over the red line and the

guests also blocked the way of any one wanting to go thru.

The room stewards we had were seldom seen but always had everything in order and requests fulfilled. You do not have a fridge in your room, it is a mini bar full of costly alcohol & other beverages.

The nightly theater acts were the usual cruise ship acts. There was a problem with enforcing across the board the "no small children in the first 3 rows" policy.

Some of the group had the drink package with their balcony room and said it was a good value. Others paid by the drink and most were $8.95 and up. The bartenders were very generous pours.

Yes the ship has few years on her but is still beautiful😎

Thank you for review!!

When you say it's not a frige, it's a mini-bar, can you elaborate? If the drinks were removed would you be able to put your own drinks in?

Also, may I ask what category cabin you were in?

It sounds like you had a nice trip--hope you have another one planned!!

Thank you for review!!

When you say it's not a frige, it's a mini-bar, can you elaborate? If the drinks were removed would you be able to put your own drinks in?

Also, may I ask what category cabin you were in?

It sounds like you had a nice trip--hope you have another one planned!!

The fridge in the room is filled with spirits, sodas, wine etc (all with a "mini bar" price tag). You can ask to have all items removed if you choose. It is a fridge, just not a very cold one. The temp is really only cold enough to keep things "cool".

No they will not remove their drinks, I asked.

It is sectioned off to fit small bottles of liquor. The bottom is larger and I removed a couple cans of soda that made room for about 8 small bottles of drinks we brought on board.

We were inside, friends with balcony had the same mini bar.

Yes we did thank you,Bermuda was beautiful.

No one told us the adage of "rain at 7 clear by 11" till about the third day ....so don't be in a rush to get to Horseshoe

It is sectioned off to fit small bottles of liquor. The bottom is larger and I removed a couple cans of soda that made room for about 8 small bottles of drinks we brought on board.

No one told us the adage of "rain at 7 clear by 11" till about the third day ....so don't be in a rush to get to Horseshoe

Strange - we've always been able to have the drinks removed, no problem.

We've been on Celebrity many times and had a regular small fridge and they happily removed the items. When you described it as a "mini bar" I thought it might be sectioned off as you described, like in some hotels. This must be a change--it's been a few years since we've sailed on Celebrity. Sorry to hear this.

p.s We love Bermuda too!

We've been on Celebrity many times and had a regular small fridge and they happily removed the items. When you described it as a "mini bar" I thought it might be sectioned off as you described, like in some hotels. This must be a change--it's been a few years since we've sailed on Celebrity. Sorry to hear this.

p.s We love Bermuda too!

I'm pretty sure they haven't switched out the fridges in each cabin. Of course, I can't be certain of that - but if memory serves - in the door, there were a few "slots" for mini bottles, but the rest of the fridge was like a normal fridge.

The fridge in the room is filled with spirits, sodas, wine etc (all with a "mini bar" price tag). You can ask to have all items removed if you choose. It is a fridge, just not a very cold one. The temp is really only cold enough to keep things "cool".
We now also have our stateroom attendant empty the fridge and take the contents away so that we do not end up with any minibar charges at the end of the cruise.

That happened to us a couple of times, before we started asking to have it emptied, even though we never used any of the minibar items.

The fridge is inside a wooden cabinet. We were told that it stays somewhat colder if you leave the outer wooden door to the cabinet open to let the air circulate around it, so that is what we have been doing and it seems to be true.

(Unless it is just our imagination or wishful thinking.;) )

Edited by varoo

My girlfriend and her Mom were on this sailing. They had a wonderful time also...how can you not, on Celebrity. Her sons and grandchildren were on the Breakaway this same week, and they would spend time together during the day. Her daughter-in-law did not enjoy the same experience as my friend e.g. Food, crew, etc.

My siblings and our spouses, children and grandchildren will be going to Bermuda at the same time....they will be on the Breakaway...we will be on the Summit. I was on the Breakaway in 2013...no thank you. Just sayin....