Carnival Breeze good for a first time Carnival cruiser?

roger75

Hi all. I have not posted very much at all on this website, but read it every day as I've warmed up to cruising and thinking of trying Carnival for the first time. As of today, I've only been on two cruises in my life: Princess (Caribbean Princess) about a decade ago and RCI's Freedom of the Seas two years ago. I was not in a rush to cruise again after my Princess experience, so it took me a while to do another one. So, I booked a family cruise on the Freedom with my partner and my mom and her husband and we loved it. Partner and I (plus another couple) are doing the Allure of the Seas this coming Sunday in the Med - and since I'm sure we will love that ship, taking my mom on her second cruise next year on the Oasis.

To get to the point, my partner's 30th bday is next February and would like to get away from the cold with *maybe* another cruise. As of right now, I'm not "snobby" towards one line although I did say I like RCI over Princess. What I like about the Carnival options are the ports - specifically Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Originally started looking at the Carnival Glory out of Miami, but as I've been talking to friends that cruise and reading this board believe it might be better to go on a nicer ship. I think the Breeze will fit that need. It doesn't seem too gaudy or over the top (that doesn't really bother me, but the Glory's decorating scheme seems very Las Vegas like). It also seems to have some really nice dining options. So, seems like a good choice for meeting both port needs and having a nice ship.

Any thoughts from the more seasoned Carnival travelers?

The Breeze is a great ship! It's decor is beautiful, not gaudy at all. It also sails to some awesome ports. We sailed her in February and are going again in 2 weeks.

I've sailed Allure and Liberty of the Seas and I do prefer Breeze over the freedom class ships, but not Allure because nothing compares to that. Honestly, if I could merge 2 ships to make my version of a perfect one, it'd be Breeze and Allure.

I prefer the ship layouts of Royal Caribbean but overall feel of Carnival. Breeze pools are way too small, but it makes up for it in other areas. There's also no pool in the adult area. I miss the RC Promenade when I sail Carnival but that's about it. I say go for it. You seem pretty open minded!

We are heading to the Breeze for the first time in November. We definitely prefer the more subtle decor on the ships. Of course, decor is a matter of opinion. With that in mind, I didn't find the Glory gaudy or tacky. It is colorful and I can see why someone would think that from pictures. But I thought it was fairly well done. I thought it was far less gaudy than other ships. Definitely looking forward to the Breeze but we would certainly not hesitate to get on the Glory again. Enjoy!

We have stayed in haven suites on NCL. We just finished a family suite on celebrity. As you can see from my signature we have also done RC and Princess...oh and CARNIVAL!

We love carnival! We have a blast and the newer ships have a calmer decor then the old styles. The breeze is like the magic but newer. We have done the magic several times and really enjoyed it. Go for it!