disembarking Princess in Los Angeles??

monctonmama

You would not have made that flight if you were on our cruise last September.

When the weather is foggy (as it sometimes is), the harbor patrol won't let the ships approach the port until a minimum visibility is available. If you are really unlucky the ship won't pull in until maybe 11:30, then you have to clear customs and get to the airport etc.

You can only make an early flight when the weather is good.

Edited by jasmith52

However, they do make Canadians hand out Macintosh toffee to the Americans before they leave.Of course I am joking about the toffee but since I was born in Vancouver, and have dual citizenship now, I still love some of the candy from the land above.

Darn, I thought it was DARE maple cookies. :(

OMG love those.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the Ruby arrives in port at 7.00 am, is there enough time for the two of us to get a taxi and catch an Alaskan Air flight from the LAX airport at 1:20 pm?

Also, what is the cruise terminal called at the Los Angeles port? Just in case it matters, we are Canadians, if the Customs takes longer to go through? Thanks so much.

I've been through the port of Los Angeles (technically San Pedro, but that only matters to locals)... 6 times? Maybe 7?

If you get a decent group assignment (especially if you are willing to carry your own bags) you could easily be in the parking lot by 10:00am.

Foreigners seem (just eyeballing the movement of the two lines relative to each other) to get through customs faster than US citizens, because there's so many more of us to process.

I should mention, there was ONE TRIP where customs had serious issues, and we were on the ship until 12:30pm... but that, by all accounts, is a truly rare occurrence.

Usually it is very organized and the international lines seem to go pretty smooth also. However, they do make Canadians hand out Macintosh toffee to the Americans before they leave.

Terminal is called the World Cruise Center and is actually in San Pedro.

Of course I am joking about the toffee but since I was born in Vancouver, and have dual citizenship now, I still love some of the candy from the land above.

Oh man. I haven't thought about that toffee for a long time. Should have brought some back with the last time.

San Pedro is our "home port" as we live some 45 miles north of LAX. As you'll discover traffic in So Cal is a bit of a crap-shoot, but for a 1:20 pm flight the OP should be fine. From our experience the Alien and Permanent Residents line at the port is usually the "Express Lane" :)

I just booked a 1:30 flight out of LAX so I hope that time is good..flying FC so priority lines should help? And could always catch a later flight I suppose.

Anyway, my question is regarding transfers. Does anyone here have experience with taking Uber from the port to LAX?

I just booked a 1:30 flight out of LAX so I hope that time is good..flying FC so priority lines should help? And could always catch a later flight I suppose.

Anyway, my question is regarding transfers. Does anyone here have experience with taking Uber from the port to LAX?

I don't know about San Pedro- but there are a number of airports that will not allow Uber pick ups- something to do with the taxi drivers protesting. I have been in at least one airport, you could not even get the app to work.