Aft port side balconies Radiance class

I was wondering if I take an extended balcony cabin on deck 7, port side aft, will I be able to look over the rail, straight down to the ocean? I like to look at the flying fish, and any Dolphins that might be passing by.

On the ship diagram, there seems to be a distance between the end of the balcony, and the edge of the ship, so I was hoping to hear from someone who has srayed in one of these cabins. The room numbers are between 7154 and 7170.

Thank you!

Hi, we were on the other side of the ship. Cabin 7668. We loved the extra balcony size, and what you see is correct, there are lifeboat covers that stop you from seeing directly down. We still felt that there was a fantastic view from the balcony.

We did a back to back cruise and went up to Deck 10 on the second leg, and personally I feel that the view from Deck 7 was closer to the water and if there was wildlife in the water you would see more.

radiancebalcony7668sideways.jpg

Radiance%207668%201.jpg

radiancebalcony7668.jpg

We took a small video, and while we didn't look down it shows that you see plenty of detail from the balcony.

Edited by goodycruising

Hi, we were on the other side of the ship. Cabin 7668. We loved the extra balcony size, and what you see is correct, there are lifeboat covers that stop you from seeing directly down. We still felt that there was a fantastic view from the balcony.

radiancebalcony7668sideways.jpg

radiancebalcony7668.jpg

We took a small video, and while we didn't look down it shows that you see plenty of detail from the balcony.

Thank you so much! Your photos are exactly what I was hoping for!

Glad that has been helpful.

If you look at one of these pictures you can see deck 8 is set back further also.

When people are out on the balconies you can see each other if you go out to the end of the balcony as we did for the photo, but generally people just sit and enjoy their own balcony and we didn't feel a lack of privacy.

OMG, those are the least private balconies I've ever seen. No thanks, need to remember that

I think it is good to know before you go. We had seen other pics before we went so we knew about it. The trade off with the size compared to being on a JS balcony on deck 10 was a very good comparison the next leg of the trip. The deck 10 balcony felt so small!

We really liked the space of this type of balcony. After initially being unsure, we didn't feel like we didn't have privacy, but that could depend on your neighbours. We had many breakfasts out there and sat reading quite a few times during the day. The photo is from right against the railing.

Also we felt we got more sunshine than we have on another Deck 10 we have had. If you get under that huge overhang it is very closed in up there!

overhang1024x731.jpg

Edited by goodycruising

I think it is good to know before you go. We had seen other pics before we went so we knew about it. The trade off with the size compared to being on a JS balcony on deck 10 was a very good comparison the next leg of the trip. The deck 10 balcony felt so small!

We really liked the space of this type of balcony. After initially being unsure, we didn't feel like we didn't have privacy, but that could depend on your neighbours. We had many breakfasts out there and sat reading quite a few times during the day. The photo is from right against the railing.

Also we felt we got more sunshine than we have on another Deck 10 we have had. If you get under that huge overhang it is very closed in up there!

overhang1024x731.jpg

We have a deck 10 JS this fall on Brilliance. I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks for your description

OMG, those are the least private balconies I've ever seen. No thanks, need to remember that

Agree...I've seen these pictures in the past and knew to avoid them.

I just wish the JS's onboard the Radiance class ships were on deck #9...not a fan of having public areas above....love the #1100 and so happy when I can book this particular cabin.