SVs on S Class ships

CathyCruises

I do have a picture somewhere, but you need to be careful with the stateroom numbers, as not all the S class ships are numbered the same (hope that makes sense)

Basically, not counting the Sky Suites on the corner, from starboard side, you could the fourth balcony along, and you will see it has a white area next to the balcony door. These are the ones with the wider balcony. On Eclipse, for instance, its 6312 on deck 6, and on 7 & 8 its the ones directly above. These are SV category, but decks 9,10 & 11 are C1 grade (Concierge)

Hope this helps

Lou x

It does help a lot! Using that template, I put a hold on 6314 on Silhouette. I'm hoping that maybe somebody can confirm that that is one of the larger balconies??

I think I remember reading that there are two of the larger ones on each floor, would that be the two in the middle that are next to each other?

It does help a lot! Using that template, I put a hold on 6314 on Silhouette. I'm hoping that maybe somebody can confirm that that is one of the larger balconies??

I think I remember reading that there are two of the larger ones on each floor, would that be the two in the middle that are next to each other?

Yes it is Cathy, 6314 is the wider balcony on Silhouette. As far as I am aware, there is only one on each deck though :-)

Lou

Yes it is Cathy, 6314 is the wider balcony on Silhouette. As far as I am aware, there is only one on each deck though :-)

Lou

Okay great, thatt helps me a lot. Since the SVs are the same price as the standard balcony cabins, I may as well go for it!

Edited by CathyCruises

Lou, do you know if 8351 on Silhouette has a larger balcony? It is a SV cabin and it would be cool if we lucked out w a larger balcony. also do you know if this cabin has bed by balcony? Thanks for any info.

congrats Cathy on your SV cabin w the larger balcony.

I would suggest you avoid the center SV cabins. From my experience :( they experience an irregular but annoying deposit of cinders from the smoke stacks. It takes regular effort to keep the tables and chairs cleaned off, and you track the stuff into your cabin.

Lou, do you know if 8351 on Silhouette has a larger balcony? It is a SV cabin and it would be cool if we lucked out w a larger balcony. also do you know if this cabin has bed by balcony? Thanks for any info.

congrats Cathy on your SV cabin w the larger balcony.

8351 has the middle size of balcony width. Not the widest, but not the narrowest. I've had one and it's fine.

I would suggest you avoid the center SV cabins. From my experience :( they experience an irregular but annoying deposit of cinders from the smoke stacks. It takes regular effort to keep the tables and chairs cleaned off, and you track the stuff into your cabin.

It has more to do with wind direction and which way the smoke is blowing. I've had a corner cabin and had quite a bit of soot at times and one nearer the middle when it varied. Sometimes not at all, sometimes quite a bit.

Phil