Balcony guarantee dilemma

bearone

Hi, I have a dilemma and need to decide today! I have a choice of cabin number 9392(E3 aft balcony) on my upcoming Explorer cruise or a balcony guarantee( could get bumped to higher balcony category). I love aft cabins but understand this one may have superstructure causing partial obstruction. Both cabin bookings are the same price and the cruise in on November 3rd this year. I also can sit on the fence and watch prices perhaps fall further or maybe rise. I guess is that aft balcony worth snatching up or take my chances waiting to see what Rccl allocates me?? Any information on cabin 9392 would also be great. Thanks in advance

Edited by bearone
Incorrect spelling

It's always hard to help with these type of questions. I may look for something you don't in a cabin. The best route IMO is to Google or YouTube, Explorer of the Seas cabin 9392. That way you can see what the cabins look like and have a better idea if you like it. But like MADflyer said, aft cabins are real nice!

BTW- here is a good site you may like to look at to- http://voyager-class.com

Edited by BlueSkySailing

Our luck with guarantee balcony booking recently was to get cabin 1000 on Radiance. Would you be happy with one of the most forward cabins possible? The likely hood of an upgrade to something nicer is what many dream of. The reality anecdotally seems to be that they give out the problem cabins and you have no comeback because it was a guarantee.

Like one time we thought we were getting a nice D cabin, but it was one with huge problems with squeaking and cracking of the room fittings.

Our lovely upgrade another time from a choice hump D cabin to a JS under the big exhaust vent towards to rear of the ship. As well as under a join in the floor under the Cantina where the trolleys were rattling at all hours. It was not even quiet when docked. But we were "so lucky" to have had an upgrade. We have taken that tick off our preferences too.

If you didn't have the choice and the price was good I would say go with a guarantee, but if for the same price you can get a nice cabin, go for that in my opinion.

Edited by goodycruising

Another vote for keeping 9392. I was able to have this exact cabin on the EX several years ago.

I think the 9x92 balconies are actually wider than the cabin itself because they steal some balcony real estate from the Royal Family Suite next door. IMO much better to have the extra outdoor space than a guarantee with few more inside feet and a much smaller balcony in a less desirable ship location.

I am booked in 9692 on Adventure in February and can't wait.

Hi, thanks so much everyone for the great advice and I secured the aft cabin not long ago. I did get a little worried when a thread I read said people from the cabin/area above could look directly down on your balcony. I decided to take a chance and book it anyway as we have six days at sea. Am really excited now, counting the days! :)