Celebrity Beds -- All Cracked Up

soxfan2013

After reading all these complaints, that was just not the Summit I was on earlier this summer. Even in an outside cabin and from other Celebrity ships, they are very comfortable beds. Also, I don't know what is wrong with Marriott or Westin, if I were Celebrity I would take that as a big complement.

We had three adjacent Aqua cabins...they (the beds) all seemed the same to me.

All righty then, what's your solution to this problem. If it were your cruise line, how would you go about pleasing 2000+ individuals per cruise for every cruise?

We did travel on Reflection this winter in a RS and obviously it's a very different experience: the ship itself is much better/nicer, and eating in a specialty restaurant every night makes a big difference, and of course the room itself, the service, and amenities are not comparable -- perhaps the hair dryer was the same ineffective item...

It is likely that your experience proves that, once you upgrade to a higher-end suite, it is difficult, then, to downgrade again. You possibly made a mistake in trying a Celebrity higher-end suite first. Had you tried Celebrity accommodation in the other order and there was no noticeable improvement when you upgraded, you would probably have been more disgruntled. You now understand your requirements for any future cruises you may wish to take.

By the way, I find it hard to understand that you had done your research as carefully as you suggest if you had not learned, in advance, that the hairdryers were not high-power. It is a regular complaint on Cruise Critic and, from my experience, they are just as bad in a RS. As for beds, even the PH beds are now separable and, I believe, the RS beds always have been. Your RS experience should have enabled you to know what to ask for.

You appear to be a little surprised to the reaction on Cruise Critic to you multiple posts. Take a step back and think about it a little. Tone is very difficult to convey successfully on the Internet. You have learned the hard way the many simultaneous negative posts can be perceived by others as whining.

Edited by Project_gal