Restaurant in Amsterdam

jpres

I am looking for a restaurant that has excellent food in Amsterdam, not too pricey, where a group of us can have a pre cruise dinner. The restaurant would have to take reservations.

Thanks,

Sandra

Edited by jpres
Wrong word

That looks like an excellent site. I read some of the reviews, which are obviously machine translated and they are quite amusing "The morels was a real powerhouse in terms of taste, the wine made it to a bombastic whole. "

That looks like an excellent site. I read some of the reviews, which are obviously machine translated and they are quite amusing "The morels was a real powerhouse in terms of taste, the wine made it to a bombastic whole. "

Hehe!

Iens is the number one restaurant and review site here.

For a local hot spot list, discover them before everyone else does, here's a recent list, in Dutch (use Google translate) from a magazine; http://www.jan-magazine.nl/eten/hotspots/artikel/de-beste-restaurants-in-amsterdam

As for the Dutch kitchen request, I would keep that to streetfood, eat a fries with mayonaise, buy some poffertjes somewhere. Buy a pack of stroopwafels for your cruise.

By going for Dutch food you will get the touristic experience, together with the touristic price. With the list above definitely not and probably the menu's have a lot of variety to offer to satisfy everyone in your group.

Just my two (Euro)cents!

Thank you for the links.

Does anyone have an opinion on Humphrey's and Hendricks Bar and Grill?

Thanks

Sandra

Humphrey's is good value for money, nice decor, good food, good locations. An affordable chain restaurant so expect a mixed type of guests, from bachelor parties to students to families and couples. Perhaps not your special night out but they do groups very well. Not a shame to go to but there is more out there! :)

Can't comment on Hendricks.

Humphrey's is good value for money, nice decor, good food, good locations. An affordable chain restaurant so expect a mixed type of guests, from bachelor parties to students to families and couples. Perhaps not your special night out but they do groups very well. Not a shame to go to but there is more out there! :)

Can't comment on Hendricks.

Humphrey's might work for us, since we hope to have a rather large crowd. Good food and location will also be a plus.

Thanks again,

Sandra

I am looking for a restaurant that has excellent food in Amsterdam, not too pricey, where a group of us can have a pre cruise dinner. The restaurant would have to take reservations.

Thanks,

Sandra

We ate at MAX in the Jordaan district on Herenstraat. We had reservation for 8 of us and had the Indonesian Ristafael (rice table). It was excellent and mid range priced! You will not be disappointed!