Radiance cabin 7174 - noise

I've booked aft balcony cabin 7174 for Alaska on the Radiance next May. I'm having second thoughts and considering moving cabins due to the cabin being over lounges/clubs. However, I've noticed that this cabin appears to be more over a bar area rather than an area where music is played.

I've read some threads on this cabin and noise issue, but there's not a lot of recent info.

Anyone have feedback on noise issues on this cabin? Also, how is the view down? Are you looking out on the ocean or do you look onto part of the ship? All things I want to consider.

The stage of the Colony Club lounge is on that the port side just forward of that bar area so it could be noisy at times. It would be better to have an aft balcony on the starboard side.

The downward rearwards view of all aft balconies will be partially blocked by the extended aft windows of the Colony Club lounge on deck six as shown by the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=361882&d=1441718216

DSC07179b.jpg.9fe9619172864e667beed5584b527f1d.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

The stage of the Colony Club lounge is on that the port side just forward of that bar area so it could be noisy at times. It would be better to have an aft balcony on the starboard side.

The downward rearwards view of all aft balconies will be partially blocked by the extended aft windows of the Colony Club lounge on deck six as shown by the shot below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=361882&d=1441718216

Thanks for the info. Ugh, I hate to give up that aft balcony, but when I booked it was the last one left and it's still the only one. Sounds like it might be a good idea for me to just bite the bullet and opt for a regular balcony. Still torn, though.

Then I would keep the aft balcony you have as the Colony Club typically isn't noisy and really only the view directly downwards is obstructed so you will still have a great view.

You could also go for one of the forward large balconies on deck seven. We've had these many times and enjoyed them but they aren't as private as the aft balconies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=361894&d=1441726305

RadianceFwdE1.jpg.29456863592ebb276edbc18b123545e1.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Then I would keep the aft balcony you have as the Colony Club typically isn't noisy and really only the view directly downwards is obstructed so you will still have a great view.

You could also go for one of the forward large balconies on deck seven. We've had these many times and enjoyed them but they aren't as private as the aft balconies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=361894&d=1441726305

I did look at the forward balconies, but decided against them because of the privacy issue. They're all gone now, too. Thanks for the info..I feel a bit better about the aft now.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the info. Ugh, I hate to give up that aft balcony, but when I booked it was the last one left and it's still the only one. Sounds like it might be a good idea for me to just bite the bullet and opt for a regular balcony. Still torn, though.

So did you stay with aft balcony 7174 or give it up?? We have it booked for 2018 for our Alaska cruise and now am worried about too much noise.