Queries re: RCI in general and New England cruise in particular

hollihedge

Hi all

We are shortly travelling on a New England and Canada Cruise on Serenade of the Seas. We have never cruised with RCI before and have a number of questions. Would be grateful for any assistance!!

Our questions are:

1. How many formal nights will there be (it is a 12 night cruise), and how formal is formal? We are used to cruising with Cunard so not sure what to bring on RCI.

2. What is normal attire for evening on non-formal nights?

3. What amenities are in the cabins? I have read there is no shower gel or soap - can anyone confirm if we should bring these?

Many thanks!

Gill

2 formal nights....not that they're totally "formal" anymore. Some will adhere to the suggested dress...but not everyone will. You'll see some tux/suits and gowns/cocktail dresses. Others will simply dress nicely. You can't be overdressed, tho!

Casual nights are slacks/collared shirts for men and capris, slacks, sundress/skirt for women.

In the bathroom, there will be the small bar soap and some mystery goo in the shower. I always bring my own stuff.....I know what works for me!!!

1: at least 2, possibly 3. have never sailed a 12 night . you can get by with a jacket for the guys and cocktail dress or dressy pantsuit for the ladies ties optional. Tuxes, gowns and suits will be a minority.

2; basically, no shorts at dinner and no tank tops on men ever. everything else is open season

3: non suites have an all in one goop in dispenser in the shower plus the usual bar soap. anyone can ask for individual tubes of shower gel, shampoo and lotion. most of the time there is no issue getting these. Suites have individual tubes of shampoo, gel and lotion i am fine with the shower gel provided but always bring my own shampoo.