sailing time question

curiousjly

Hi everyone,

I have a question about getting on/sailing time. From what I know, we are supposed to board at 1:00 (Enchantment, Nov 12, Ft Lauderdale). I keep reading about getting there early, but from what I see, if everyone gets there early, it will still be a long line.:p

So, how late can you be? I'm not talking about rushing up at the last minute, and then missing the ship.

But, how long does it take to get everyone on board? Can you get there at 1:30 and still have plenty of time?

I have mobility problems, and so can't stand for very long, and have a hard time going up inclines and steps. So, I don't want to have to stand in line waiting, when I could be comfortable elsewhere. I'd rather arrive and be close to the last ones boarding, after the main rush has gone through.

Jly

"Everyone" doesn't get there early; just those "in the know", like Cruise Critics. :) That's why it works out so well.

The cruiseline's rule for boarding time is that you MUST be on board 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.

When the documents say "boarding time is 1 P.M.", that's about when MOST of the passengers get there. There may be lots of people there earlier, with you, but not "most" of them.

Tell Royal Caribbean about your mobility difficulties, and they will see to it that you have a wheelchair and assistance for boarding.

Carol

Contact the Special Needs desk and they can arrange priority boarding for you. This way you don't stand around. As for boarding early, this is counted as the first day of your cruise so may as well get onboard as early as possible and enjoy the ship. My wif is HC and we normally board around 11:30.

Hope this helps

Hi everyone,

I have a question about getting on/sailing time. From what I know, we are supposed to board at 1:00 (Enchantment, Nov 12, Ft Lauderdale). I keep reading about getting there early, but from what I see, if everyone gets there early, it will still be a long line.:p

So, how late can you be? I'm not talking about rushing up at the last minute, and then missing the ship.

But, how long does it take to get everyone on board? Can you get there at 1:30 and still have plenty of time?

I have mobility problems, and so can't stand for very long, and have a hard time going up inclines and steps. So, I don't want to have to stand in line waiting, when I could be comfortable elsewhere. I'd rather arrive and be close to the last ones boarding, after the main rush has gone through.

Jly

I, too, cannot stand for very long. My TA let RCI know that I had this problem and as dlbutler said, to let them know that when we got there. We were let on with the first people to board the ship.

We got there early, as usual for us. Little did we know that the ship hadn't even gotten to the dock! :eek: Had a nice time chatting with other passengers till early afternoon when we were finally able to board.

We plan on getting there early again on our next cruise. Don't want to miss a minute of our vacation! :)

Have a great cruise!

Archived