Obstructed View 30% on Wind

Phillip Toddy

Ominously, I have just discovered that the cabin we have been assigned on Norwegian WInd in November (8202) has thirty percent obstructed views. it is the last forward cabin of that deck, starboard.

Has anyone any experience of this and what is the nature of the obstruction - protruding bulkhead? hanging lifeboat?

Should we be seeking to change cabins? I notice some have only ten percent obstruction and some have none at all?

Phillip

Different ship in the fleet but this is what would probably be classed as 40-50% obstructed was like on the NCL Jewel which I sailed on in August. There were two tenders outside, front of one/rear of the other. During daylight hours there was more than adequate light into the cabin and you could see the sea/scenery without any problem or craning of neck. And, of course, when the tenders are in use, you get a completely clear view. Like I said, its not the same ship but it should give you a reasonable idea of what to expect.

1940228214_Jewelobstructed.jpg.d9d8f24ae2a8d86c08745a1887de06cc.jpg

150870851_jewelobstructed2.jpg.0e92bebc2357cf3fe64aa82e1f000dc4.jpg

1185231762_Jewelobstructed3.jpg.92ae8ec055ae5f94e74babd13fcf9ec7.jpg

Ominously, I have just discovered that the cabin we have been assigned on Norwegian WInd in November (8202) has thirty percent obstructed views. it is the last forward cabin of that deck, starboard.

Has anyone any experience of this and what is the nature of the obstruction - protruding bulkhead? hanging lifeboat?

Should we be seeking to change cabins? I notice some have only ten percent obstruction and some have none at all?

I believe it's a protruding bulkhead. There are no lifeboats outside this room. But because it's the first starboard side room, there's a wall there. I'm not sure how bothersome it would be though.

Well, if it is truly the forwardmost, I believe we were in this cabin. We loved it because we paid for obstructed view, but it really wasn't. There's a Zodiac boat instead of a lifeboat, so the only thing you couldn't see was straight down. You could see out to the water just fine. We thought it was a great deal at the time.

I'm sorry. I got home and looked at the deck plans and we were NOT in this cabin. We were in 8213. It felt like we were forwardmost, but I guess we weren't. It was a while back, duh!

I don't know why yours would be obstructed, I think Cecilia is probably right. If you look at the picture in the brochure, the steel around your opening is a little slanted on the right. Again, so sorry.

I just returned Sunday from the 9/14 sailing of the Wind. We were in cabin 8210 which had a 20% obstruction. I believe that you are in a balcony cabin (?) like we were. The obstruction is the outer wall of the balcony which comes down at a slight angle. Ours was on the left side, I think yours will be on the right side. It really doesn't interfer too much with your view, in fact if you have a rainy day like we did it can actually keep your balcony drier. You are in for a great trip. If they assign the stewards to the same sections you will probably have Romel/Danilo for your room stewards. Romel was terrific and Danilo was kind of quiet but very nice.

Archived