Machebo Beach Resort

Love2travel4

Does anyone have any info on this area of Eagle Beach? A coworker suggests we get dropped off at the resort, walk through the lobby and enjoy their beach. He thinks they rent chairs/umbrellas. Also looking for a clean restroom and some food. Anyone?

I've stayed at Manchebo many times. I can tell you without a doubt that you will NOT be able to rent chairs or umbrellas there. This is a small, very private, quiet resort, and they do not welcome visitors. Other cruisers have tried to go there for the day and have been very disappointed. It is a great place to stay if you are staying in Aruba, but not a place to visit for the day if you want chairs and shade.

The BEACH is public...and most areas have chair/umbrella rentals NOT associated with a hotel....so you can go to any beach, and use the beach without paying a hotel.

There are NO vendors near Manchebo. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I stay there or right next to there every year for several weeks. The vendors are probably a 15 - 20 minute walk from that area. There are not near as many vendors available in that area, which is Eagle Beach. Although there are a few, most of the vendors are on Palm Beach.

Edited by Hatteras51

I've stayed at Manchebo many times. I can tell you without a doubt that you will NOT be able to rent chairs or umbrellas there. This is a small, very private, quiet resort, and they do not welcome visitors. Other cruisers have tried to go there for the day and have been very disappointed. It is a great place to stay if you are staying in Aruba, but not a place to visit for the day if you want chairs and shade.

After reading my earlier post again, I understand that I implied that Manchebo is a private beach. That was a poor choice of words on my part. When I said that the beach is private, I meant that it is intimate, and feels secluded, compared to some of the busier resorts. All of the beaches along Eagle and Palm Beaches are public. You can go to any of these and sit on a towel on the sand. Only a few of the resorts on Eagle Beach have vendors who rent chairs and/or umbrellas. My apologies:o

Like Hatteras said, there are NO vendors at the Manchebo Beach Resort. YES, by all means, plop your towel down in the sand, but do NOT expect chaises or umbrellas. The best closest option are the rentals on Druif Beach (if they are still there) OR just got to the MVC Eagle Beach resort which is 10-15 minutes walk down the beach to the north.