Open booking- get away from TA?

Raenstoirm

We sailed under a group deal a few years back and booked on open booking onboard. We had to use the TA for that particular trip so the next cruise cert was booked under that TA. We are not TA people so I would like to use the cert to book directly with royal. If I call, can they remove her name from it?

At this point, it would be up to the TA to release your booking.

I have been trapped before when booking a cruise on board and they automatically assigned it to the TA who held my booking for the cruise I was on. Luckily, the TA released it.

I think it is illegal for them to assign to the TA, as it places you into a contract, but there is probably some fine print somewhere.

Good luck.

Happy Sails to You'

OOOEEE Baby :D:D Bob and Phyl

We sailed under a group deal a few years back and booked on open booking onboard. We had to use the TA for that particular trip so the next cruise cert was booked under that TA. We are not TA people so I would like to use the cert to book directly with royal. If I call, can they remove her name from it?

You can try, but you usually need the consent of the TA to move the booking. I would call C&A and explain that you were not aware the booking would automatically go to the TA.